Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

dutch sb8r

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: dutch sb8r Reply with quote

sb8r for sale in holland for 10500 euro if someone is interested let me know so i can take a look before you have to travel 500 k's and discover that the bike is an ex chrash bike of something that is not ok.
regards johan

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//motoren.marktplaats.nl/motoren-overige-merken/217289490-bimota-sb8r.html%3Fxref%3D1
oily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer johan but with the exchange rate as it is at the moment, that would be an expensive bike for me Wink
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad that the situation is bad for people from the UK
maybe someone from germany or belgium is interested...happy 2009 to you all!!
jatexup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I actually went to see this bike in Dronten in September 2008, as I also have one and was curious to see what it was like. When I arrived at the showroom, the bike was nowhere to be seen, so I enquired to its whereabouts. The guys then took me upstairs above the showroom to see the SB8R, and whilst it's in very good condition, they couldn't actually get it started! As I'd suffered exactly the same problem with mine, I gave them the details for NLM in Leicestershire, England, as they used to be a Bimota dealer, and they sorted mine in 5 minutes! I presume by now it's sorted out, possibly...
bimotacarbon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bike you ar talking about in Dronten is indeed fixed and i've ridden it...it is all good but that is an ex demo-bike...the bike in the link is an other sb8r and is not by a motorcycle shop but just from a guy who wants to sell it. regards johan
jatexup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Dutch SB8R Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for that info - I stand corrected. In actual fact it was September 2007 when I went to see the SB8R in Dronten not 2008, so it's obviously still for sale judging by the dealer's Web site: http://motorplanet.onlinevoorraad.nl/sb103adb977bd64a79dc679baf658f2e6/fotoviewer/viewer.html?id=1
Regards.
madasfook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they are going for that price i think i will sell mine over seas

jatexup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: SB8R in Dronten Reply with quote

Hi,

It is also interesting to note that the price of this dealer bike has increased by 2000 Euros recently! This despite the recent recession/credit crunch affecting us all and the fact that it will potentially deter anyone in the UK from buying it given the current Euro-pound exchange rate. I have noticed that generally prices of used Bimotas are higher in Germany, the Netherlands and Italy than they are here in the UK, which is not good for us in good old blighty, given the number of machines that there appear be be elsewhere in Europe for sale. However having said that, obviously over here many Bimotas usually get sold to other Bimota owners who will often know each other and/or the bikes in question. This is how I obtained my own SB8R in 2007, and for what I consider to be a fair and reasonable price (it has had several thousands of pounds spent on it and I also have all the original standard parts as well).

In the UK, I've also found that many bikers would never consider ownwing a Bimota, which is perhaps one of the reasons why they tend not to sell that well (certainly from dealers) and can still be found at reasonable prices - particularly models from the nineties - on the second-hand market. For how long this will last only time will tell of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: