Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Wanted - DB3/DB4 frame bung, DB4 front mudguard, rear hugger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Wanted - DB3/DB4 frame bung, DB4 front mudguard, rear hugger Reply with quote

Hi

As above. Not bothered on colour, as these will be resprayed (not the bung). Failing an original front mudguard, any ideas on a pattern or universal part that can be made to fit?

thanks

Robin (Location UK)
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't now if this will fit Robin.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parafango-anteriore-carbonio-varie-Bimota-93-98-/140508547468?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item20b6f6498c

It fit's a lot of others with Paioli RSU's Wink

robin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: mudguard Reply with quote

Hi Oily

Yes, I think that will fit - looks same as the DB4. Price is a bit high though.... I just bought a Ducati 750ss early '90s, and it's mudguard looks right, so I'll offer it up. The forks are unusual in that they have no mounts other than the caliper mounts.

Robin
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That type of mudguard, as fitted to the SB6 etc has drilled and taped caliper bolts and the mudgaurd is fitted with M6 bolts screwed into the caliper bolts, if that makes sense.
If you need it, I'll take a picture Wink
As for the price, about the going rate for carbon fibre
robin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Got the mudguard Reply with quote

Hi Oily

I bought that mudguard you spotted - thanks. I hadn't realised it was carbon fibre, so the price wasn't bad. Here's what it looks like fitted. It clears everything, and will work fine, but I think the Mantra calipers are closer to the fork than the DB3 etc, so it doesn't quite sit right.

I don't suppose anyone has some spare caliper adaptors for the DB3, or one I could copy? A project is never finished!

vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are what you want.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Paioli-Bimota-SB6-R-Vdue-500-Bremszangen-Adapter-neu-/250773173040?pt=Motorrad_Kraftradteile&hash=item3a633ef330

Although the mudguard is off a yb11.
If you have a picture with the mudguard off , and maybe a dimension say from the fork to a fixing, I will check the relevant size for you. I have a db4,sb6 and yb11, so can come up with all options. Also have a similar set of brackets.
Although thinking about it, these brackets mayl be 65mm spacing and looking at the picture again you are 40mm.
If so you will need a later set of calipers.
robin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Caliper Adaptors Reply with quote

Hi

Here's a picture. The calipers are 40mm, but I have a spare pair of 65mm's off an Aprilia RSV if needed.

Are the ones you mentioned right? I don't read German..
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look at the mudguards over the w/e , and for some reason the yb11 mounting arm seems a bit longer than the others. I will compare pictures to my db4 set up when I get home , and let you know over the w/e. If I have time I will also try the db and yb guards on each other. Don't want to tell you one thing and you waste money on the wrong brackets.
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look at YB/SB and DB. It appears for some reason the mounting arms on the yb are circa 150mm from the hole centres to the front of the cut out for the forks. The DB/SB are around the 110mm mark. If I fit the YB guard to the DB it appears the same, so the different brake mounting plates will make no difference.
gianni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted - DB3/DB4 frame bung, DB4 front mudguard, rear hu Reply with quote

robin wrote:
Hi

As above. Not bothered on colour, as these will be resprayed (not the bung). Failing an original front mudguard, any ideas on a pattern or universal part that can be made to fit?

thanks

Robin (Location UK)

I have a yellow one for Mantra. New.
robin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: got one of those Reply with quote

Hi Gianni

Yep, I've got a Mantra one. I wanted a DB3 one, and the carbon one you see in the pictures is what I got - close, but not quite right. Don't like the Mantra bodywork.
bidalot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted - DB3/DB4 frame bung, DB4 front mudguard, rear hu Reply with quote

gianni wrote:
robin wrote:
Hi

thanks

Robin (Location UK)

I have a yellow one for Mantra. New.

I need a front mudguard for my Mantra. If you still sell your's you can send me a message.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: