Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Oil viscosity/quantity for front fork

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Oil viscosity/quantity for front fork Reply with quote

Hi

Anyone knows what is the oil viscosiy and quantum of oil in the SB6R front fork?

If not then the old oil has to be measured and everything by trial and error.

Buy a rare bike and be forced to learn italian . I believed only the italian knows where to ge spares , info etc etc on Bimotas..... Cool Cool
oily

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know Wink
10 sae
485cc per leg
sapila racing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Yep, I know Wink
10 sae
485cc per leg

That's what I put also in my SB6 forks but even at the last click they are ok for the road but not fo rreally spirited riding and it's a real problem for track use.
I should have known, as the standard setting is at 5 clicks from fully hard both for compression and rebound.
Doesn't leave much room for adjustment really.

I'm going to try different viscosity soon but I thought I should ask first if someone has done it and what were the results.
I think it will be much better with 12.5 or even 15 sae oil.
And the adjustment clicks should be somewhere in the middle of the 30 clicks in order to have a similar ride to what it is now.
I have the Original Bimota Paioli Fork tools needed for the job so I can dismantle it easily with no damage.
Anybody done this?
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: oil viscosity/quantity for each leg Reply with quote

I have actually changed the oil and followed the specs as given by oily. Bike runs fine on the road , ride is supple and smooth and yeas I believe it will be too soft for the track.

Anyway i do not have any special tool but somehow managed to get it to work. I used the oil seals from a honda Xr 400 and fabricated a PVC fork clamp(on the carbon legs)to install the seals.The aluminium cups unless supported by the PVC clamps cannot be stable for the oil seals to be installed.
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: oil viscosity/quantity for each leg Reply with quote

I have actually changed the oil and followed the specs as given by oily. Bike runs fine on the road , ride is supple and smooth and yeas I believe it will be too soft for the track.

Anyway i do not have any special tool but somehow managed to get it to work. I used the oil seals from a honda Xr 400 and fabricated a PVC fork clamp(on the carbon legs)to install the seals.The aluminium cups unless supported by the PVC clamps cannot be secured for the oil seals to be installed.
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: oil viscosity and quantity Reply with quote

Sorry the frok seals are from a WR 400 yamaha and not XR 400. Typo error
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done dude, have you ridden it yet?
how does it feel Confused
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you have ridden it,
I've just read the whole thread again Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: