Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

...DB4ie...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: ...DB4ie... Reply with quote

Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-DB4ie-F-F-/120866155863?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1c242f2d57

Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks tidy, and with a tidy price, them 2 cylinder engines must be good with those sorts of prices being asked Laughing
I'll stick with my tr-color though, what that pillion seat is doing on that bike I'll never understand. Also makes me think my discs on the DB4 could be the original set as they are the same pattern as on this model, and this model has only 3300miles, so you would think it still had its original discs.
brian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Also makes me think my discs on the DB4 could be the original set as they are the same pattern as on this model, and this model has only 3300miles, so you would think it still had its original discs.

You've got a keen eye there Steve Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
2bims wrote:
Also makes me think my discs on the DB4 could be the original set as they are the same pattern as on this model, and this model has only 3300miles, so you would think it still had its original discs.

You've got a keen eye there Steve Wink

Part of my BOG OCD

Well I've got my Ducati 748/916 SPS discs now, and its a prettier pattern, so I'll stick to my original plan of changing them over. From new they have 1.0mm extra thickness over the brembos currently on the bike, doesn't sound a lot but its 25% more then the 4.0mms on it. Both Stainless steel, so no issues with the dreaded rust like the cast iron full floaters, heavier than the standard and yes on the wheels, but heck I'm no catwalk model, and until I change the "Anchor" Anteras, its marginal weight wise
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we going to see a picture of both discs side by side so we can see if they really are prettier?
Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Go on, seeing as its you Oily, I do like my Funky shapes and objects, s'pose its part of the desire of Bimotas, and can be quite arty meself, paints and the like, although most references to me being an "artist" are usually preceded by a certain 4-letter word.
Before pictures of discs:

Centres aren't as well finished, and more of a metallic finish aka Hammerite,
And then theres the SPS type discs as below, more of a flat fluid finish, proper anodising and no hammerite finish
Also planning on twin pipes set up one either side, carbon round end cans, although the oval on this looks quite cool

Oh and just to horify you all, brace oneself for the flurry of hate mail....A little shiney Open Billet anodised clutch cover to go with the red anodised alloy clutch pressure plate... Although there is a more "tasteful" simple black anodised open cover in transit that will replace it, this is just one I have lying around
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
and can be quite arty meself, pants and the like,

Sorry, couldn't resist Laughing

Now...That good looking clutch cover, very pretty and all that but won't it make the clutch sound more like a tambourine than doochatee managed originally?

The disc's....good choice Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the sound of a dry clutch! Its great, louder the better ... real bikes for real men Wink
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
Love the sound of a dry clutch! Its great, louder the better ... real bikes for real men Wink

OR..........................
plain bad engineering Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
2bims wrote:
and can be quite arty meself, pants and the like,

Sorry, couldn't resist Laughing

Now...That good looking clutch cover, very pretty and all that but won't it make the clutch sound more like a tambourine than doochatee managed originally?

The disc's....good choice Wink

Darn it, you had me going there with the pants/paints, even checked, and its not even April 1st, Clutch is well noisey enough anyhow, helps with the cooling if vented, and after the zorsts are changed you won't be hearing anything from the clutch for sure Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: