Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

***SB6*** TRA LA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is, with van rental, ferry, fuel, hotel etc. Might be cheaper to pay for the newer uk model which seems totally original?
oily

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:
problem is, with van rental, ferry, fuel, hotel etc. Might be cheaper to pay for the newer uk model which seems totally original?

er........there's two grand difference in price pomps Shocked

but, no doubt the more expensive bike is the safest bet Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Pompey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take my own ferry Laughing Forgot that other one was 6.5 not 5.5 as it should be Exclamation
oily

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion......
The £6.5K bike is worth no more than £5k
and the jerry bike about £3750 Wink

Hope they both fetch what they are advertised for AFTER I buy another Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Pompey wrote:
looks ok from just one picture... are they Marchesini wheels and a white power spring?

Are the wheels standard early SB6 wheels?
and the white spring indicates the bikes been messed with for better or worse Wink

Those are the Oscom 3 spoke wheels, standard on the early SB6 and early DB2's also, DB2i.e and DB2FE, and same as early YB's, you have to watch the sprocket pins and cush drives as the pins were known to shear, and went up in size from 10mm to 12mm to later 13mm to stop them from shearing, speak to BimotaNige or myself as we both had the same issues, and thats with the "measely" 2 cylinder engines. The hubs are really narrow and the front brembo discs are like rocking horse droppings to get hold off, Rudolf has them but pricey, as they have a large 25mm offset
Ekku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Go and get it Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
EC country .... ? and secondhand bike ...

Make sure it's there before you buy it though, only 11 feedback and few bits of ladies clothing

Never bought a bike from ebay, but I guess it works.

Most of my bikes are bought from Italy and the usual method to get them to the Finland was to drive there by van and pick them up.

A real holiday trip, first to Stockholm by ferry and 48 hours later we and our old Ford Transit were near Pavia.

It is strange thing that you are ready to to to get a motorcycle...

Does not soud sensible, but 10 or 15 years ago the bikes were so ridiculously prized here in Finland, that it was really economical to buy bikes from abroad.

We still have a relatively high tax on motorcycles, but it has gone down a little bit and now there is a better choice of bikes in the used market than before.

I had to 3000 euros tax to get my bimota registered in here back at 1999. It is a german import.

I could buy a bike even from England nowdays... Smile
Ekku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Been there Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Those are the Oscom 3 spoke wheels, standard on the early SB6 and early DB2's also, DB2i.e and DB2FE, and same as early YB's, you have to watch the sprocket pins and cush drives as the pins were known to shear, and went up in size from 10mm to 12mm to later 13mm to stop them from shearing, speak to BimotaNige or myself as we both had the same issues, and thats with the "measely" 2 cylinder engines. t

Yep. Thats minor problem allright. It's not a surprise when compared to the jap bikes with similar rear wheel power as sb6. i had a zzr 1100 and it had REAL damping rubbers on the rear hub.
Ekku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: experience? Reply with quote

Pompey wrote:

Never saw rain!

Does any of you have experiences driving sb6 in the heavy rain?

There is some interesting happening then, have You noticed?
crankcase

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I'll be coming over in my van some time soon, spring time or whatever.
Nurnburg is a few hours down the road, or you do a fly in/out- buy it, get it shipped to me - costs around 100-150 euro and I bring it over- but only if you're you're not in a hurry!?
could even get 2 bikes in.
just an offer
Ian
oily

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: experience? Reply with quote

Ekku wrote:
Pompey wrote:

Never saw rain!

Does any of you have experiences driving sb6 in the heavy rain?

There is some interesting happening then, have You noticed?

Yep.......
Done several very wet laps of the TT circuit and toured Europe a time or two on a very early Sb6 (with oscom wheels 2bims Wink ) with very smooth tyres.
A prayer was said every morning before we set off (to the gods of speed) Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: