Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

rear cush drive rubbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corona

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: rear cush drive rubbers Reply with quote

Hi all, whilst checking over the db4 I found the rear cush drive rubbers were looking a little sad and tired (Antera wheels) and wondered if anyone here can point me in the direction of a new set? Also a chain slider for the swingarm would be good, before i attempt manufacture of a replacement.

I would be humbly grateful for any help.....humble humble grovel
bimototo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
the chain slider us still available in bimota,
for the other rubber contact mr. Caronni at V2 Meda (MI)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grazie, how would I contact Mr Caronni?
bimototo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry Wink

www.vdue.it/ita/contatti.htm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Corona, was reading a thread of yours from earlier re air filters. Do you have one spare that you could measure the size. My DB4 is the carbed version so not sure if the same size air box/filter, as its on my list to check and get a spare just in case anyhow, thanx
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no luck with piero re antera cush drive rubbers. I'm sure Rudolf of Bimota-parts .de could help

http://www.bimota-parts.de/bimota-teilekatalog?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=42&category_id=30

http://www.bimota-parts.de/bimota-teilekatalog?page=shop.browse&category_id=30
Corona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK 2 Bims the filter size measuring around the outside rubber (the orangey bit) is 155x160x37 (height) mm and the paper filter bit inside it is 140x150x26 mm Opie oils have them http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-847-motorcycle-oil-filters-ufi.aspx use the part number in the air filter post, and you get a free smelly thingie for the car. Hope this helps as they are worth a call if yours is different, saves on the searching time as they have lots of lists for stuff.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Corona, did you get your cush crive rubbers sorted?
Corona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both links supplied have the bits I'm after, but it can wait for the weekend for a bit of credit card thrashing as theres a few bits I'm watching on fleabay
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, its always good to here if the contacts have the items so that the rest of us know also, happy fleabay hunting
Corona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprockets ordered from wemoto via JT sprockets, rears (alloy) about 25 English pounds each Shocked Very Happy , front off a paso was about £22 and will be compared to the original for all to see and compare/take the piss if i've bought a dud. Cush drive rubbers are proving to be more fun as bimota-de want paying in euros by wire, me paranoid? yes, anyone else had dealings with these ?
Blew out on ebay 2bims so I can have beer this weekend, every cloud
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have absolutely no worries with Rudolf of Bimota parts.de, he's sound as a pound or a German Euro. Every company I deal with in Germany wants direct Bank transfer and I'd swear by Rudolf. Bought many things from him and if he gets things wrong he lets you keep the cheaper bits and sends the new bits out for free, really top guy, and postage usually cheaper and quicker than UK companies, have no fear. Jesus I even bank transferred to the NEtherlands without even seeing the Db4 I bought recently. European counterparts sound fellows on the whole. Had a pair of duff discs sent once, thought I was knackered but no they bank transferred back a refund. Please have no fears with Rudolf, knows his stuff and he has the stuff, goes by his reputation, must have spent 6-700 GBP with him, and others on here have done likewise. If he doesn't have stuff he finds a friend who does....He doesn't speak English and me no German but he has a translater who comes in a few days a week, email in english and translate to german with Google translate also, he will get the message. I usually copy the parts page and circle the bit I want and scan and email it to him, that way the language barrier is sorted
Corona

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK all sprockets back and fitted, gone for a 39 tooth rear as the bike always hit the red line in top. Engine sprocket was a bit more fun but the 750 Paso 495-15 fits spot on, but you will have to purchase a new retainer clip for it. The cutaway for the Paso sprocket offset is the same as the original DB4 but the clips are not interchangeable, the new clip has an updated part number and retails at £4.70 which makes the engine sprocket and a new clip more expensive than a rear Confused Just waiting for the Anruckdämpfergummi to turn up and it can all go back together.
One thing though the bank transfer to Germany cost £15 Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: