Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Brisk spark plugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akito-man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Brisk spark plugs Reply with quote

Hey- has anyone tried these? Theres various types- 360 degree spark , quad electrode and silver electrode! Used and developed by lambourgini!
Maybe get the sb8r a pair, see if it helps with initial starting!
If you have- post up, thanks in advance!Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brisk are just a company, like NGK or Denso, I don't see their plugs are any better like for like.
They do those surface discharge plugs though, which look interesting. The spark will only jump to the nearest surface so in reality it doesn't spark in lots of different places.

At least that's what the NGK man said at NEC show, he was surprised the SB6 uses plugs so quickly.
akito-man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plugs arrived today,will slip em in and tell soon.opted for the four post version,silver electrode and 360 deg spark,designed for lamborghini,supposed to give a 4-5hp hike,cost 2 times standard ngk's tho!
oily

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Splitfire spark plugs came out (my missus was part of the marketing team). They were supposed to be the dogs danglies and priced accordingly, approx double the NGK price.

They were crap, gsxr's wouldn't run on them and the returns ran into telephone numbers. I could get them for free and wouldn't use them. My point is........

Never believe the marketing hype and just because they're expensive doesn't mean they're good Wink

Hope they work out for you Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
philfingers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most things 'performance ignition' related i fail to see how you can gain 4-5bhp over the std offering if said std offering is working as intended. The benefit to the quad electrode is service life, when one wears, it jumps to the next, then the next, literally going around in circles. Which is a great idea for all those Bimota's that do 20k a year and a single service. . .. .
I'm sceptical about power boost valves, resisitors to fool the ECU into thinking it's running cooler and gives it more fuel etc
I'd generally go for a NGK or Denso
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a power boost.
You should get less blurring at the top end and a better pickup IF the new ignition alows a cleaner burn. Different CDI's can allow programed mapping doing away with spark advance at low rpm.
akito-man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well .fitted the plugs.bike started better than with the iridium ones found in there, thats what counts rite, not bothered about the hp claims,as long as im not stranded this summer in the highlands somewhere , lookin like a dick with my italian exotica ,while everyone smuggly retorts,ahh thats why ill stick to my jap bike,!

need to see what shes like to ride when the weather picks up a bit,seeing as bobs just had her serviced,and re-mapped the pc3 to suit all the mods. and told me shes a very smooth bike for an sb8. Smile
saabnut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Brisk plugs Reply with quote

I have them in my sb8 and I did not feel any performance enhancement.
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is easier to start! Mine had iridium types fitted and was hit and miss for starting!
Seven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll try a set on my SB8.....can you confirm the model you purchased? I'm guessing AR10S from their catalogue? Very Happy
Seven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And are there any UK suppliers....only seems to be some chap from Slovakia selling them on Ebay? Shocked
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do, up to the garage, gi mi ten Laughing
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right- the ones ive fitted are the 1513-AOR10LGS, and my sb8r starts after 3 short cranks, ( after the fuel pump has primed- and bearing in mind my motor is higher compression- a 1040 bore and also balanced!), it had the iridium plugs in which were new too, but was a devil to start. Flooding or flattening the battery- ( also due to the smaller race battery fitted), to start my bike- no choke- let it kick in, then small blips of throttle then apply one third choke till over 55 degrees!, then reduce choke accordingly till she ticks over nice at about 1600 rpm, you will know your bikes start up yourself!Wink

Mine came from the uk , on ebay, the company is WTVuk.com, fast delivery, cheapest at the time!( well there is a recession on and i live in scotland)Wink
akito-man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes- there isnt a problem starting with the gp pipe ( tunnel)or the standard either!Wink
£9.99 each and £2.99 delivery! Ebay now!Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: