Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New UK distributor: -
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: New UK distributor: - Reply with quote

New UK distributor announced http://motorcycleindustry.co.uk/press/index.php/2012/03/20/bimota-returns-to-the-uk-with-e-p-barrus/
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well any return to the UK shores is evidently welcome, a quick read of the blurb says EP Barrus deal in Hyosung motorbikes and "bringing bikes to the masses", that would make an interesting line up in the dealership..."Well heres a lovely one for 1000GBP and hers one for 30,000GBP.
Shame that the Graham Manchester one doesn't seem to have come to anyhting, and the link to Ducati Main dealers so theres a point of reference for servicing, parts, warranty claims, just a darn link to the Factory would be nice... Laughing

Last edited by 2bims on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Well any return to the UK shores is evidently welcome, a quick read of the blurb says EP Barrus deal in Hyosung motorbikes and "bringing bikes to the masses", that would make an interesting line up in the dealership..."Well hers a lovely one for 1000GBP and hers one for 30,000GBP.
Shame that the Graham Manchester one doesn't seem to have come to anything, and the link to Ducati Main dealers so theres a point of reference for servicing, parts, warranty claims, just a darn link to the Factory would be nice... Laughing

Thanks for that, (Yes its me Graham Manchester, AKA UK Bimota) the 12 dealers that my development man set up, and for the reocord I cannot take the credit for it to be honest I sent him off to do it and do it he did. were ready and willing to sell, only for Bimota who promised the DB8 to arrive in April 2010 did not deliver of course.

The Bimota money for investment in 2010, £3m I am told, went on the Moto2 project in that year. Not wasted long term I am sure, and I am also sure Rubens Xaus will benefit, BUT, would have been, for 2010 at any rate better used to supply us bikes for which we had orders!

Never mind, I am sure E.P Barras will do well, John Deere tractors, cheap Chinese bikes and marine life aside, they may just be the catalyst at the right time. I hope so for the benefit of the Bimota marque and its owner for which I have a lot of time and respect.

There are also those who, although gave me a lot of support could not actually afford a new Bimota in their wildest dreams, and there are others who were honest about it and for whom I arranged for them to buy new bikes, special finance arrangements, insurance etc and have helped to do so (You know who you are and I thank you).

I remain interested in the marque and will watch them hopefully develop, however they are now situated in the middle ground, not only that, they remain fixed to Ducati engines and Ducati are once more, allegedly bust (In debt £800m although bikes are selling at a record rate, or so we are told).

So, you know what happens to those who sit in the middle of the road?
They get evenetually squashed and I have a feeling Bimota may well be road kill in the next year or so. Its such a shame Mr T could not pick them up again or will he? Who knows Wink

There was/are solutions and I suggested those to them but, they didn't want to listen.

For the future we wait and see but I still wish them well whatever they achieve.

One step backwards and two forwards is the way I approach life

Graham manchester aka UK Bimota.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly that's Bimota.
The DB8 is a lovely bike but it might have just missed the boat with the new Duke 1199 coming out.

Pity they didn't listen to what we wanted
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Missed the boat Reply with quote

Sadly I agree with you. The rest of the range does not look that much better IHMO.

Well I can assure you I made the points clear from all the comments I received on this forum, so thank you for those who made comments (good and bad but mostly good and through the message network) and I sincerely hope that the factory look after you in the future.

UKB
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... this is the stuff that the (distant) public never really hear. Still sounds just like bimota and true to it's history, a little contraversy will alway surround the brand i guess. Maybe that what draws us (bimota nuts) to the brand.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
oily

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Maybe that what draws us (bimota nuts) to the brand.

What draws ME to the brand is the aestheticly pleasing Italian design with Japanese reliability but more and more, I'm questioning if that's enough Shocked
I've been waiting a very long time for Bimota to produce a new flagship WITHOUT an Italian engine and it now looks like it might not happen(again). Oh well, I might wake up one morning and ........................................................................................................................................................
Buy another SB6 Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your comment about the Jap engines Oily was passed, onto the factory. I remember you brought the suggestion up in late 2010 if I remember?

There were lots of discussions about engines during 2010 and I would like to say more, however it does, as you say, seem they are sticking with Ducati (that may change when Ducati are sold. It may be the buyer may buy Bimota as well as it was up for sale (or so I was told).

Time will tell, as I keep saying I wish them all the best for the future but I feel currently they have been left behind, despite all that remains written about them in the press. The bikes are just not worth the prices they are asking for them with a Ducati engine fitted. IMHO
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Graham, the changes that are thrust upon us are usually the best thing in the long run... or we would all stick with mediocrity. Now go buy an old Bim and stick around Wink
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say they're not worth it, I'd go with just worth it, afterall it's a still a rare bike with everything top level. The problem is that all the other bike manufacturers have caught up and in some cases passed.

Japanese engines are going to be expensive unless the Yen devalues so that's probably not viable.

I'd still look at going back to their roots and producing kit bikes where the owners supply the engine. They could get on the Cafe Racer band wagon.
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pompey,

Yes good idea. I know where there are a few are as well Smile

As for worth, as long as EPB set up a first class network and from initial reports I hear there will be six in the UK, then the "worth" issues becomes one to consider in several ways.

Whatever, they are still great bikes.

Enjoy riding them, all of you and hope to keep in touch.

Regards

UKB
oily

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
I wouldn't say they're not worth it, I'd go with just worth it, afterall it's a still a rare bike with everything top level.

that's what i like about this forum.....differing opinions Wink

Mine......They've never been worth it. Exotic parts literally thrown together doesn't make a top quality bike Wink
I'm sure the quality of assembly is better these days but........... Laughing

What makes a rare bike? low production? over priced? Both?

I think they are living on their reputation from the 90's where they were producing a good variety of bikes with a good variety of engines. Now? hanging on by their fingernails Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Evilchicken0 wrote:
I wouldn't say they're not worth it, I'd go with just worth it, afterall it's a still a rare bike with everything top level.

that's what i like about this forum.....differing opinions Wink

Mine......They've never been worth it. Exotic parts literally thrown together doesn't make a top quality bike Wink
I'm sure the quality of assembly is better these days but........... Laughing

What makes a rare bike? low production? over priced? Both?

I think they are living on their reputation from the 90's where they were producing a good variety of bikes with a good variety of engines. Now? hanging on by their fingernails Wink

I agree,"exotic parts thrown together" do not make a top quality bike and yes, living on their reputation form the 90's I agree with all that BUT at least they had a reputation and even if its a a really low point, there is nothing to stop them building t up and thats what I hope they do, how well we shall see.

Well, its unproved if "hanging on by their finger nails", speculation even, all I hope they make it and start building bikes that are "Bimota" not Ducati.
oily

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they had an awesome reputation in the 90's ............. which is, sadly evaporating bit by bit Crying or Very sad

At some point their past reputation will no longer sell their current product.........is that day rapidly approaching?

Or will they start selling bikes the general biking fraternity will aspire to buy bearing in mind that Ducati are like Marmite.......you love it or loathe it and I'm sure they haven't yet, convinced the majority of bikers that ducati based bikes are better than the competition Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKbimota wrote:
all I hope they make it and start building bikes that are "Bimota" not Ducati.

I agree, the new bimotas are VERY ducati. Whether that's a good or bad thing i don't know, but it would be nice to see a high spec jap engined bim again. Maybe a ZX10R powered KB
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: