Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Brembo master cylinders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably got a spare s/h slave too Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Quackers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oily, Ah-ha. The spare "master" I'm v interested in. I'm still hoping (i.e. in denial) regarding the "slave". I'll pm you.
Quackers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have done a bit of research.

Clutch Master Cylinder reseal kits are available from Bevel Heaven. The online shop looks good & is comprehensive - although mainly catering for ancient DooChati stuff they stock Brembo Goldline gear. The 13mm hollow-pivot-lever-type is the right one for the SB6 apparently. We'll see, since I've just ordered one, plus the special tool that goes with it. I'll let you know. They also do "new" master cylinders and lots more.
https://store.bevelheaven.com/brake-related-parts/brembo-13mm-clutch-m%7Cc-kit-fits-all-hollow-pivot-lever-type-mc/

Stein-Dinse online also stock Brembo Goldline kit & sell new clutch master cyls (but not a reseal kit) &, for completeness (just to state the blindingly obvious), Rudolf Graf from Bimota-Parts, also on-line, sells refurbished master cyls for SB6/6R/7, amongst other things.

I'm hoping to get the bike back on the road over the next month or so. Having now sorted out the wiring (I took photos of the wiring before I dropped the engine late last year - although clearly not enough since it took me ages to get the correct variation of many & various green and black wired male connectors into the correct female connectors before I got sparks at the plugs. The wiring diagram is useless).

I've also just had the rear pipe re-welded since the weld had fractured at the connection to the silencers - which I noticed when I finally got the bike started over the weekend. That's new - Huh.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer every day Laughing
It'll soon be on the road and then you won't know what to do with your spare time Wink
(you'll be hunting for another Bimota project)

Any news on the DB's?
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Quackers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What spare time is that? It's why it's taken me so long to finish the f**ng thing!

Re the DB - he won't commit to when he'll adapt the moulds that will stop the screens touching the instruments. Other business is more profitable, natch.

I'll probably buy one of the screens he's currently doing for the SB6 @ www.screensforbikes.com. He does two types of double bubble for the SB6 - in any of the colours shown on the site. One is shown on the site (a 1" lift over the standard screen & a pronounced double bubble) and a further screen (not on the website) with a 2" rise & a "smoother" bubble. He doesn't have an SB6 picture of the latter, but the same screen is on the 2000 ZX9 shown on the site. Pictures of both screens, off a bike, are attached for info. If you're interested let me know. I'll trawl on the forum to see if anyone else is interested so we can cut down on postage costs. Current price of a single DB to the UK (he's based in Aus) is Aus$160 (just over £100). Obviously the price per screen will reduce with shared postage but I haven't asked him by how much yet.

Finally, how are you getting on with the c/f frame protectors?
oily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frame protectors should be ready next week. That's the third compleation date he's given me Rolling Eyes
To be fair, the guy's got some genuine problems but the end is close Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not talk to Skidmarx they do SB6 Screens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: