Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB7 Owner in UK - Essex
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah cheers guys, i guess its just one of those things. Wheels bearings can go at anytime i guess and they arent something that can be monitored really. I will speak with the dealer and see what we can get sorted and how soon. Although i dont suppose there is too much rush looking at the amount of rain forecast for the next week or so!
Just glad that the rear end didnt lock up and throw me off. that would have been really annoying.

However, the few miles previous to this that i did get to ride were sublime. The bike is a dream, light, powerful and full of character. I KNOW im going to love this bike no matter how many problems i get!!! Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks mate. I hope they look after you, and i'm sure they will. Make me think what happened here? Either the bearing wasn't packed with grease from the factory or there's a major alignment problem somewhere. Wheel bearings don't just fail out of the blue in my experience.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: DB7 Reply with quote

Welcome!!! I have #009 and just finished putting a few miles on it and love the chassis- well the whole package makes for such a great bike. I had an MV F4 and miss it, but it is not even close to riding the DB-7. Even if everyone wanted one, Bimota can only build so many. Laughing

Best,

George Villar
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Not quite right Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Quote:
If your ever down in Essex, ping me and your welcome to take it out for a ride.

Right then, who's up for a trip to Essex for a test ride, more than UK Bimota ever offered us !!

If it was'nt for searching the galaxy for an SB8K I to was very tempted by that DB. Don't see many of them for that price !! Bit of a bargain !!

I think this comment is a little unfair, you never actually asked for a test ride and they were all available as many on this site are fully aware! WE were always willing to help any Bimota owner.

I do not mind social media sites but please before making comments that others read would you make sure they are correct? Thank you,

UK Bimota

vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img] I think this comment is a little unfair [/img]

I cant remember any test rides being organised for us boys North of the M25.

I think if you have a quick count up of the forum , there are more Bimota's up North than down south.

I did ask you to help me source a Santamonica a few years ago but you refused I believe.
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
That really sucks mate. I hope they look after you, and i'm sure they will. Make me think what happened here? Either the bearing wasn't packed with grease from the factory or there's a major alignment problem somewhere. Wheel bearings don't just fail out of the blue in my experience.

Thanks - I have been looked after very well from start to finish and the bike will be in hospital shortly! My gut feeling is that the bearing wasnt packed with grease from the factory as I checked the alignment and its spot on.

Graham has been nothing but helpful and has made the buying experience a pleasurable one. Money cant buy that, but fortunately it can by one of these bikes, which are, absolutely superb even when they are turned off!!
brian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear they're looking after you well. Might be a worthwhile exercize to pull the front wheel and check it's bearings. Actually, the dealer should probably just do it anyway. I know if i was the dealer i'd do it to be on the safe side.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djt77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on time scales? Has it caused any damage other than to the bearing? or has it made mess of the wheel/swingarm etc?
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one serious bit of bad luck. Must have been torture waiting for it to arrive, and now to have it taken from you after such a short time must be detroying. Glad only the bearing needs replacing though. Could have been far worse.
Can only hope by the time the sun's out you have been re-united.
One seriously good looking bike. Wink
UKbimota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: The customer always comes first in my book. Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
[img] I think this comment is a little unfair [/img]

I cant remember any test rides being organised for us boys North of the M25.

I think if you have a quick count up of the forum , there are more Bimota's up North than down south.

I did ask you to help me source a Santamonica a few years ago but you refused I believe.

After the fiascos of the previous years for Bimota owners (not including North Leicester they were great) We had a five year plan (from 2010) with the factory with bench mark developments. The first of which was to set up good reliable dealerships, which we did, we had 12 who covered the Country as we felt the owners should have a good dealer they can trust, like and rely on. The next phase was the relaunch in 2010 at Brands and we had a fantastic day. (The factory let us down, let MCN down (Michael Neeves was very courteous about it sorry again Michael) along and all the other journos who were there but we got over it) There were riders from miles "North of the M25" although I did not know as many as I do now so as I missed you and others I can only apologise. Needless to say the Bimota club were invited one of whom trashed the DB5 at clearways but thats another story. Were we cross, no, its one of those things but these "nice attitudes are rarely mentioned on internet sites " even though it cost US £6000 to repair the damage the good comments never seem to get reported, just the angry comments or nasty comments which is a shame as most businesses involved with motorcycling go out of their way to please customers and that is the right thing to do. Anyway I digress.

The idea then was for the DB8 to arrive, so we waited and waited etc etc. In the end the factory was reorganised, management left, the company changed its name etc etc etc you know the Bimota story.

The new importer is E.P. Barras and we wish them well.

As for the Santa monica, its not in my DNA to refuse a customer. I may have said I didn't know where there was one for sale at the time and I would keep looking. As for refusing, well again all I can respectfully request is that comments are correctly stated on media sites as quite honestly there are always two sides to a story. But "refuse" is not a word I use regularly, if at all when it concerns customers needs I can assure you!

I hope this clears up the saga?
stockcar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i asked for some info a little while ago and got what appeared to be a fairly 'blunt' and unhelpful reply when merely trying to get some idea of locations of Bimota friendly agents.................
UKbimota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockcar wrote:
well i asked for some info a little while ago and got what appeared to be a fairly 'blunt' and unhelpful reply when merely trying to get some idea of locations of Bimota friendly agents.................

Who did you ask?
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on fella's, no one should have to feel the need to defend themselves on this forum or any other for that matter. Personal issues can be dealt with using the pm's should the need arise. However, UK bim helped out far more people, publicly and privately then he may have offended... Lets draw a line under this one. There is to much rain and not enough time to not enjoy our bikes and each others company.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Pomps, I've been sat here with a bag of popcorn waiting for it to get really interesting but I'm bored now Laughing
Personally don't recall being offered test rides but I don't recall asking for any either so fair enough.

Almost monsoon weather here so into the garage for the day methinks Wink Laughing
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it was not just me but as you say Pomp's , not worth the effort and all in the past now.
Thought about hijacking this thread, but for what reason. Anyone trying to be an importer of our beloved brand has at least been flying the flag for Bimota. In the long run it all worked out, I got a brand new vdue and Santa for the price of a DB7 .

Oily - you can use your popcorn waiting for the new UP7's.

Back now to the mvo5exy and his DB7, any date as to when she will be fixed ?
I do have another question, what was the delay from buying off MIIMC and getting it delivered?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: