Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Electrics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Electrics Reply with quote

Oh you f*cker !!!

I booked the SB6 in for the MOT. I've been more than slack and haven't had the bike running since last season. I stopped at a petrol station and returned to the bike and was greated by nothing.
I took the fairing off and all the electrics were ok - anoying.

So I had a shuffty and saw the (replaced) headlights were being pushed down and forward by the header tank, I took the tank off wiggled the lights and that was about as far as I got.

Today I charged the batteries and reinstated the clocks. Change the oil and tried starting it it wouldn't catch and run. I'd put fuel stabaliser in the tank so with the MOT time looming I emptied the tank got some fresh fuel and again ... nadda and again and again. You f*cker.
So I called off the MOT.

Then tried one more time and it splutterred and weezed then warmed the caught and ran. You double f*cker !!!
So rang the mot guys told them "It LIVES my cration liiiiiiiiiives" of words to that effect and agreed to be there quick sharp.

Rode there and .... no lights no horn, no headlights or idot lights and then no rev counter or temp gauge. Yes I checked the fuses. You tripple f*cker !!!

They wouldn't test it so I came home, called in Hein Gerik to calm down and maybe buy something to make me happier. Back to the bike and it all works again .... although the rev counter is bouncing so there's still a loose connection somewhere ... but all the same

You complete F*cker !!!
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I had similar symptoms when my charging system went caput..
mainstone41

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Electrics Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Oh you f*cker !!!

I booked the SB6 in for the MOT. I've been more than slack and haven't had the bike running since last season. I stopped at a petrol station and returned to the bike and was greated by nothing.
I took the fairing off and all the electrics were ok - anoying.

So I had a shuffty and saw the (replaced) headlights were being pushed down and forward by the header tank, I took the tank off wiggled the lights and that was about as far as I got.

Today I charged the batteries and reinstated the clocks. Change the oil and tried starting it it wouldn't catch and run. I'd put fuel stabaliser in the tank so with the MOT time looming I emptied the tank got some fresh fuel and again ... nadda and again and again. You f*cker.
So I called off the MOT.

Then tried one more time and it splutterred and weezed then warmed the caught and ran. You double f*cker !!!
So rang the mot guys told them "It LIVES my cration liiiiiiiiiives" of words to that effect and agreed to be there quick sharp.

Rode there and .... no lights no horn, no headlights or idot lights and then no rev counter or temp gauge. Yes I checked the fuses. You tripple f*cker !!!

They wouldn't test it so I came home, called in Hein Gerik to calm down and maybe buy something to make me happier. Back to the bike and it all works again .... although the rev counter is bouncing so there's still a loose connection somewhere ... but all the same

You complete F*cker !!!

Dont ya just love um!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled well on the Westway though - I'd forgotted how nice it is to ride
oily

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evilchicken0 wrote:
Pulled well on the Westway though - I'd forgotted how nice it is to ride

Now you've been reminded how nice it is, get it sorted once and for all.
It was only a couple of days ago I was contemplating custom looms for the SB6 Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ??? I found a place that would do them but I didn't ask.
morebhp

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GSX1000 and GSX1400 clocks all bounce when the battery is paggered - usually after a bump start. Appreciate the Suzi clocks are dumped by Bimota for something more sexy and probably more complicated when they build the SB6 but maybe a symptom of the electrical system.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo

fairing off and I found -

A block connector was half open, there's no lock tab on it so I'll ziptie it.

The rev counter has a three wire connector to it ... it moves hence the loose connection. I'll try to close up the female connections so it's a bit tighter and maybe secure the wire so it doesn't put pressure on it.

But .... still the lights didn't come on when dipped. I crossed the connections on the relays between dip/main and it was still the same but the re's an offending bullet connector, the wire goes through the crimp just a little bit and pushes the bullet out ... not straight away though .... sneaky !!!

Oh and I found where the metal fan was making a noise, one blade just touched one downpipe (No2) I bent the edge will some long nosed pliers.
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the winter garage gremlins striking again!
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, cos I needed to get to the MOT station I got the fairing on in about 10mins and should have checked it all.

I lost one of the alloy spacers from the ignition switch along the way. I took it off to check the switch when it all went dead last season. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: