Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Yb9sri motor stops in rain Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Calm Down :) Reply with quote

jakoblt wrote:
I Will find That tape.

If you can not find that tape, I have a pare roll here BUT I expect the postage to Denmark will be far greater than the the value of the tape Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
akito-man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id already said silicone spray, why go all around the houses of sexual ins and outs? ( you can become allergic to latex with no prior problems and the symptoms can be quite severe, vynal gloves are now being used, vaz does eat away condoms! But you wont need to wrap your connectors in them for ultimate protection),as said earlier! The protection of your injectors have noticed a flow rate difference( sticky atomisation) and done its job by noticing a conflict of flow( debris or other fuel problem)! Wink
jakoblt

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: arghhhhhhhhh Reply with quote

out riding the bike in the nice summer evening. Then suddenly it does it again Surprised 15km from home. I called help and is now home. I will take the bike a part tomorrow and see whats wrong.
Checked the fuse i just changed and nothing to se on that, but the other might be dead. It is the old type 16A. It is not burned over but is in a pretty bad condition.
when it happend the rev counter went to 0 and then i pulled over. I tried to start it but nothing happend. The oil light were red whenever i tried to start. I saw in the manual that when it turns red it has to go to the local bimota dealer for repair ?
any suggestion anyone ?

brgds

jakob
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use an optimate or trickle charger it may be masking an issue with the charging. Put a voltage meter over the battery terminals and check the input once you have started the bike to make sure its charging ... When the batteries start to die or the alternator starts packing in then the dials are one of the first things to stop working before the engine gives up.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have standerd or uprated lights - it could be drawing to much charge and flatting the battery.
jakoblt

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: new batteri Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I bought a new quality batteri "yuasa" last year and it seems that there is enough batteri on. I dont use a charger it havent been neccesary since i bought a new.
I will later today update you guys what i find out

brgds

Jakob
jakoblt

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: same fuse again Reply with quote

Hi,

It is the same fuse again Sad this time not as burnes as the 1. time. But enough to make the bike stop.
I will today try to see if I can find the wirering diagram and se where the wire go to.
Any help will be much apriciatet Very Happy

brgds

Jakob
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a check around the wires but then it might be time to look for a Motorbike electric technician / company. Spend on this and it's fixed, if Chase the problem you could be doing it for a while and still not trust the the bike.
Vince186

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: same fuse again Reply with quote

jakoblt wrote:
Hi,

It is the same fuse again Sad this time not as burnes as the 1. time. But enough to make the bike stop.
I will today try to see if I can find the wirering diagram and se where the wire go to.

brgds

Jakob

Hello Jakob,

I was reading your interesting problem.
Maybe I can help a bit. If you sent me the wiring diagram by PM I can look in to it and give you some tips or tricks. Sometimes I repair planes by telephone just to guide the mechanic. Why should it not work via this forum.Question Idea

There is one small problem; I ‘am in Chile now for a while and I don’t have always access to the internet. So it can take some time for me to react. Crying or Very sad
jakoblt

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Hi Vince, Reply with quote

I have send you a PM Very Happy

Brgds

Jakob
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a link to the tape, so try translating it for your local ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6400&rt=nc&_nkw=self+amalgamating+tape&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1
jakoblt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: tape Reply with quote

I finally got the time to look at that link Very Happy I will buy some of that Very Happy
thanks
jakoblt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought 10 meters so now I am prepared. Tomorrow I will take the fairing of again and begin to take pics for Vincent Very Happy
A big thanks to everybody who helped in this thread Very Happy

brgds

Jakob
jakoblt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: same fuse again Reply with quote

Vince186 wrote:
jakoblt wrote:
Hi,

brgds

Jakob

Hello Jakob,

I was reading your interesting problem.
Maybe I can help a bit. If you sent me the wiring diagram by PM I can look in to it and give you some tips or tricks. Sometimes I repair planes by telephone just to guide the mechanic. Why should it not work via this forum.Question Idea

There is one small problem; I ‘am in Chile now for a while and I don’t have always access to the internet. So it can take some time for me to react. Crying or Very sad

Answer from Vince

Hello Jakob

I have your e–mail received; it takes a while before I had everything downloaded. My internet over here is very terrible.

What I miss is a wiring diagram, what you sent is an illustrated part break down, with that; I can’t do anything with it.

But your pictures are (for now) enough.

What I was noticed is that what you showed in the pictures is not really a fuse box, but more like a relay with a fuse on top (bottom). En that is in this case a good thing. That means, when de fuse is blown the most resemble cause is that there is something wrong with the relay.

What you can do is, clean the relay carefully with a solvent on alcohol base. Dry the relay with compressed air with low pressure. Be careful not to damage the inside of the relay. Install the relay and fuse, start the engine and tap slightly against the relay (with your finger not with a hammer)… to check if there is a loose connection what makes a short circuit. If you have short circuits, replace the relay with a new one.

If there is no problem with it, I should say, it was indeed the water what causes the problem.

Probably there was some water inside and the second time you didn’t dry it enough end seal the water inside with your silicon grease.

Good luck with your troubleshoot.

Please let me informed.

Would you be so kind to place this on the forum. Then more people can learn from it or give some suggestions. (Only if you want)

With kind regards,

Vincent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: