Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riminired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: New here Reply with quote

Hi, new to this forum, anything going on??
Anders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome!
As you can see from the forum history, the traffic is not huge, but yes, there is something going on from time to time.

Perhaps you could tell us a little about your Rimini product and yourself?
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rimini, welcome to the site... quite a few very knowledgable people to help us out on this site, especially Oilly which makes up for his terrible jokes! Very Happy
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Information Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the replies.

Always been interested in the Rimini machines after seeing one at Paul Smart's dealership when he had it at Paddock Wood in Kent, I think it was a YB4. Although I never really took much notice of the Bimota company development, only hearing the bad news about the V Due in 1998/9. Why is it bad news is always spreads around and hardly ever the good news?

I am now the owner of a YB11 registered n 2002 so I guess it was lost in a crate somewhere after they factory had a problem in 2000. It had only covered 1500 miles when I bought it ( I am the third owner) and as all the gauges are working I like to think its genuine. I have spoken to one of the previous owners who confirmed it looked about right.

Its taking a time to get it set up for me as I am 6'2" its; lets say not the most comfortable bike but others have made suggestions on how I can improve that so in time I will change it, but its rideable JUST!

I was warned and its obviously backed up from many sources that the side stand is the size of a pin so be careful, and I am NORMALLY! However got off last weekend in full view of a crowd of rider pals and as I walked away it fell over! broken clutch and indicator and few scratches that have polished out. The parts arrived (care of information from Bimota club - thanks Glen) this morning so I fitted them and she is now back on the road.

Why do I like them ? Well they are not what you call a mass market bike so always very pleased to be riding something different, and the fact they look great as well albeit this one is a 20 year old design!

Hope this gives you a brief overview? I live in East Sussex by the way.

Regards to all

Graham (aka - Riminired)
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Graham.
sorry to hear about the bike falling over - I'm never certain that my SB8R is 100% safe on it's side stand!
post some pics of your bike - we like to see piccies Very Happy
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

Hi GeeKay

PHotos, will do if someone can explain the best way to do so please, same with the Avatar.

Thanks
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Photo Reply with quote

This may help:
http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=8986A80044
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great looking bike
I've never seen one of those before.
Riminired

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Photo Reply with quote

Ahhhhh there is a way, you going to tell me how then ???

As for being free, madasfook, there is no such thing as a free lunch! Besides the club has helped me enormously getting to grips with the Bimota coming from what I happened to be riding previously ! As i said the "pin" gave way this weekend and with the help of the club I was fixed up and all running within two days Wink

Anyway, always glad to share banter and its all about enjoying the things (Bimotas) even when you are 6'2" and look like King kong on top of the empire state building.

I just wish I could afford a new Tesi3D or a DB5S or R or DB6 Delirlo or R, a DB5, or even a DB7 or ORONERO Mr. Green
philfingers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new too. Got my 2003 YB11 three years ago from a mate in Scotland who'd had it from new, sourced by another friend of ours from Germany. When I got it it had done 1056kms. Fitted with CF mirrors (possibly cagive mito) and ex ZX12r two brothers race can with one off link pipe.

oh and a VDue headlight, because I like the look of it!

03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
Riminired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: New too Reply with quote

Hi,

The bike looks good, mods sound good as well. I like the v due light, dido you fit it, if so was it easy to do? What is the last three digits of the frame number?

The forum seems quiet at the moment, I guess the more who join it will get busier ?

Seems quite a few are spread over theCountry which makes getting together more diificult.

Welcome and keep in touch.

RE
philfingers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's easy. I'd seen a pic of one on the web somewhere, also another fitted with the FZR400RR twin projector type light too. So I bought on of these FZR ones of Ebay (after missing a few!) and then the VDue one came up. It came from ladybiker100 on Ebay Germany. Cost Around £65/70 I think and it was brand new. My YB is now 3000 miles and has never been out in the rain.
As for fitting it just bokts straight in, the wiring was easy too, I think I just plugged the new one in and put some tape over the connectors to keep the water out (When it gets washed!) and a tie wrap for good measure. The only thing I had to do was space the upper two mounting points forwards by using a 5-7mm thick rubber washer. Looks a little more aggressive I suppose, one unit is dipped and the other is main
What this about snapping the pin in the stand? First I've heard of it. Does is wear? Is there an uprated part available?
Phil
03 YB11, 03 Aprilia RSVR Edwards, 94 Ducati Superlight III, 95 Honda NC30, 04 Ducati 999S, 91 kawasaki KR1-S C2, 91 Ducati 851 USD Strada, 89 ZXR750H1, 90 ZXR400H1, 205 16v Rally Car, A6 2.7TDI Avant, STM R1 engined Phoenix
philfingers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's some more

Will have to check the last 3 digits of frame no
Riminired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Side stand Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

I really like that light set up, I'll keep and eye out for one.

The "Pin " is what I call the side stand. I know its an issue for everyone and normally, as I have said previously on this thread I am very careful when I park the bike, but a few weeks ago after parking it, making sure its flat etc etc I walked away from it and it fell over. Nothing snapped but I just call the side stand a "pin". In fact I have an engineering company down the road who said they would look at it and see if they can make me a better one so watch this space!

All the best, just off for a ride Very Happy Very Happy

Graham
philfingers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok, i was thinking you meant the bolt that goes through the top of the stand into the chassis.
I think the issue is the angle of the attachment to the chassis, not the length of the stand. I haven't looked closely but i know I'm very careful with it when i park it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: