Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

shoulder injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
morepower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let tme take its course.... I said at the time I wished I had broken the collar bone. Bren at Sliders Guesthouse joked then said "Oh No you dont! Broken collar bones are a killer." But the bone would have healed by now... Mine will never heal. I dont mind most of the time.. Out on the bike all day is fine if I am wearing leathers with armour. It hurts as soon as I take the leathers off.... But only for a few hours. Walking is the worst.. A day hiking is a killer. You relax and the joint opens up and the pain starts and doesnt end until get back.

Nerves will probably always hurt from time to time. My elbow was a work incident where I elbowed a revolving center on a lathe. Ouch.. the sharp point did something and it was like the ultimate funny bone accident.. Now it can be fine for months but then hurt at random and last minutes, hours or days. Give it the best chance to heal before you do too much...
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to have this in for a year before they would consider removing it. It severly restricted limits of movement so they took it out and it made a huge differenece although still some loss of movement. I think it was three months after the op before I was allowed to try to move it properly(no driving so no work despite just sitting at a computer most of the time), just some physio in the meantime to stop the joint seizing up. They had considered a replacement before the op as they couldn't tell from the x rays how bad it really was. It's still painful to a greater or lesser degree depending on what I'm doing but given that there was no real nerve or ligament damage I consider myself lucky that it wasn't any worse. Still a bitch though as it wasn't my fault... again !!!!!
akito-man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, mines like a scratch compared to you guys, but must say, fk sake sunday- musta caught a fever,monster migrain( to the point of hyper sensetive , i could hear kids playing outside and i was wishing it would rain) soaking in bed, dizzy, acheing, d an v, wrentched my neck over trying to get up a thimble of goo! Crap , woke up today dizzy, but not too bad now- not too much arm pump, doing exercises and building that central back muscle( romboid), it should develop quite quickly too im told by physio! Quite suprised after just five or so weeks, how weak and flabby muscles which are not used can become!;(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: