Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 as Street and Track Bike
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front forks are Paolli and the rear shock is an Ohlins... great kit in its day but after 14 years they probably need help!
Anders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:

A few things i noticed very quickly:

I couldn't tuck my legs in enough to get the ball of my foot on the pegs, so i spent most of the day simply lifting my inside foot off the peg.

The fixed pegs freaked me out when it came to thinking about a crash, have any of you swapped them for folding pegs?

I have no experience with the sb6, but on my bb1 I'm very fond of the fixed pegs. Why should they be a problem in a crash? Actually, they will work much like a crash bobbin and save greater damage to the rest of the bike. When I crashed my bb1, I bent a footpeg and it's holder plate, but I'm sure it would have been worse with a folding peg.

On my bb1 the fixed pegs are mounted so high that I have no fear of touching them down while I still have the bike's rubberside down. I presume the sb6 is the same?
rpo83

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anders wrote:
rpo83 wrote:

A few things i noticed very quickly:

I couldn't tuck my legs in enough to get the ball of my foot on the pegs, so i spent most of the day simply lifting my inside foot off the peg.

The fixed pegs freaked me out when it came to thinking about a crash, have any of you swapped them for folding pegs?

I have no experience with the sb6, but on my bb1 I'm very fond of the fixed pegs. Why should they be a problem in a crash? Actually, they will work much like a crash bobbin and save greater damage to the rest of the bike. When I crashed my bb1, I bent a footpeg and it's holder plate, but I'm sure it would have been worse with a folding peg.

On my bb1 the fixed pegs are mounted so high that I have no fear of touching them down while I still have the bike's rubberside down. I presume the sb6 is the same?

Hi Anders,

I remember seeing a picture of a crashed SB6, the footpeg had actually torn the the perch away from the frame, in the process tearing the fixing points from the frame!!

I was amazed that the perch didn't break!, but the leverage of the peg simply tore the mounts... Shocked

Cheers

Steve
Anders

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpo83 wrote:

I remember seeing a picture of a crashed SB6, the footpeg had actually torn the the perch away from the frame, in the process tearing the fixing points from the frame!!

I was amazed that the perch didn't break!, but the leverage of the peg simply tore the mounts... Shocked

Then I see what you mean. I had no such problems when crashing the supermono, but that was in a fairly low-speed corner so the bike didn't slide that long.

However, I have seen Ducati 916/748 frames with broken off mounts after fairly modest crashes.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
great track pics
I would never take my SB8R on a track day - but I do at least one track day a month on this

Think I took that picture!

All the best

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: