Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Test Ride on a Ducati PantiKnickerless

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Test Ride on a Ducati PantiKnickerless Reply with quote

Or Panigale or whatever its called. Ducati Manchester now have their Demo bike in for anyone wantinf a bit of "V" twin fun for free, don't rush forward too quickly Oiley.... Surprised Surprised Surprised

They also have a tricolor version that they sit outside but that one is Sold, bought by a custmer even before having a test ride. Some Folk Eh?

To be honest it looks a bit "pants" probably where it gets its name from, not a patch on Bimotas for styling and looks
Nigel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really my sort of V twin, I dont think I've actually seen one or know what one looks like.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they look like this or any other Ducati sports bike for the last 10 years really
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ducati+panigale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1T4ACAW_enIT321&biw=1366&bih=569&tbm=isch&tbnid=_vT0R7qSb0neaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012-ducati-1199-panigale-preview&docid=YL8P_sQtgbUr2M&imgurl=http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/files/2012-ducati-panigale-1199-preview%2525205.jpg&w=900&h=600&ei=18V8T5SnFc6v8QODuenaDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=74&vpy=143&dur=2393&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=146&ty=101&sig=102767317290494287688&page=1&tbnh=115&tbnw=147&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:67
Spyvito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Looks like a Gixxer Reply with quote

Really? Looks like a Ducati Superbike?

Trellis? No
Underseat Exhaust? No
Dry clutch? No
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen 2 now ... I mean owned bikes not just in the showroom. One was at the Ace and red.
The other was a trackday a tricolour, the guy dropped it on the warm up / siting lap so it only scuffed one of the fairing panels.

I quite like the look of them.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady Evilchuck, can't have you going to the darkside just yet.

Besides at circa 24K for the S or tricolor (that aint that tricolor colour wise) there are plenty of "better" DB7/Db8's out there begging to be bought. Euro exchange rate highest for 3.5 years

a 900km DB8 can be had for 18K GBP or a tricolor DB7 (yes they made one) for 12.5K GBP. A whopping discount compared to a Pantyliner.

They also don't run right unless the full Termi system is fitted. They have a standard system for the Euro Certificate of Conformity, that has to be then diched when registered for the termi one

Details if you need them? just ask...
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dropped one was owned by a guy who had 1098R last time I saw him. It had engine work and a close ratio box.
If I was to buy a new superbike I'd probably have the S thou, although with 18k .... I'd be talking to Vyrus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: