Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi Speedo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waggy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Tesi Speedo Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the speedo on the Tesi can be switched on the move from MPH to KPH and how?
The reason I ask is that it is an MOT failure over here, if the speedo cannot also show kph.
I assume that this speedo unit might also be fitted to other models.

GeeKay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like a standard fare Koso RX2N unit - contact these guys and they will have the answer

http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/multi-function-gauges-1-c.asp

I've got their XR/SR unit fitted to one of my bikes and that can be switched between mph & kph.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the same speedo, as geeKay says, as Koso, my DB5R seller has confirmed that its a combination of pushing the buttons and it switches to MPH, hes already done it on mine, but I don't have the book or the bike yet. Normally, if its like the digital speedo on my KTM you set the clock so that its on the odometer and then press and hold for like 4 seconds the other button and hey presto. Cycle through the display, using the cycle button and then press and hold the other button until something happens (hopefully that it changes from kmh to mph and vice versa. My KTM can be done on the move and can see no reason why the Koso unit doesn't also do likewise, theres nothing mechanical in them it jsut reacts to a press of a button
Best of luck, and if you find a way that works be sure to let me know also

Cheers Laughing
waggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, went to Koso's website and downloaded a manual, its not the easiest thing to read, but it looks like it can indeed be switched between KPH and MPH. Haven't been able to try it yet as speedo is off bike along with battery tray etc, so will give it a go when I build everything up. Looks like you have to hold down setting and adjust buttons and go to setting screen 13 to change units.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: