Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

MY NEW TOY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: MY NEW TOY Reply with quote

Havent got totaly fed up with the old toy yet but it's trying my patience, so I've bought another SB6 to make the 6R jealous and maybe start behaving (If not, Any one need any 6 or 6R bit's Very Happy ). The other half said that the previous 6's I've owned were the best looking bikes I've ever had so that seemed to be the green light to buy another. I'll have to hide the key or I'll never see her or the bike Laughing
Here it is just got home from collecting it

And here she is 10 minutes later
Just can't resist pulling them apart Laughing

Luverly rusty iron disks from it's motorway trip in the rain Rolling Eyes
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the best looking bike! Sure it will be sorted before spring and nice to see the side stand is its normal useless article! Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind spring, It'll be sorted before next week I hope.
Didn't you modify your side stand.
Pompey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. I cut the bloody thing in half. There is a hole running the length of the stand which I tapped and put a bolt thru, cut the head off and used it to screw the 2 ends together which can be adjusted for all conditions by twisting in or out. I covered the join with a stainless sleeve for the full length of the extended arm which made it invisible and original. The other advantage of keeping it adjustable was after I had done the work I increased the ride height to the maximum setting on the rear shock which of course raised the bike up again! All in all I increased the stand by a good 2 inches which was spot on for stability and bike angle. Might be on those photos I sent you?
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunc, where did you get the stainless sleeve for the stand mod?
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: your new toy Reply with quote

Is she a 1996 n reg model. Reason i ask is after ten years ive just had the dvla contact me to ask if im still the owner of N744 DRF. I px'd the bike back in may 2000 affer i was knocked off it on the m6. So the new owner must never of registered the bike and now looks like its been re sold and now registered again. What amazes me is ive never recieved a tax disc application. If this is the same bike then there are scratch marks on the frame and the foot pegs dinted the swingarm and i still have all the books etc.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think so, It's on an S plate.
What books have you got?
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: books Reply with quote

the original service book and manual which has the first owners name. warranty book. frame number was 00707. engine number u712-100513. first reg 1. 8. 1995. supplied by Greens in Stoke on Trent.

I wonder if the new owner will join the forum. I can tell him how a volvo changed lanes forcing me to do a 70mph front end stoppie, recover and then volvo saw me and braked again in panic which caused another 40mph stoppie but this ended in me ramming my nose cone into his rear quarter panel and finally sliding down the m6 on my arse.
Then the c%^t did a runner. Got his plate and sued his ass to the tune of a new R1 and £6k in compo.

Now got a SB6r. Love it but missus doesnt and wants me to sell.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll regret it if you sell it Wink
Nice result on the compo.
Frame no on mine is 12** something, so not the same one(thank fcku) Laughing
jtl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: oily, what bits Reply with quote

you mentioned further up you got parts. Im after a nose cone for my SB6R as the previous owner caught the wing mirror on garage door frame and the plastic around the mirror has cracked. Dont know paint codes for the blackie colour and cant find them. Any help.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no nose cone. Sorry Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: