Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New pipe DB8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: New pipe DB8 Reply with quote

http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/tassiev2/?action=view&current=IMG_0290.jpg
Have the new 200hp kit fitted , had some ECU problems but I think all is sorted. Will have to wait for a sunny day to test . I have notched up 1000km and starting to twist the throttle a bit more. The ecu was playing up below 5000 rpm but 6000 rpm+ its scary. Hope the mid range transition to 6000rpm is good and it will be a weapon.
The pipe is full titanium, hand made from 48 pieces and #7 of 20 made. It no longer sounds like a Ducati , it makes this incredible HOWL like I haven't heard before ! FYI Allan at FXPowersports has one left if anyone is interested.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/tassiev2/?action=view&current=IMG_0286.jpg
another photo
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Had a break in the weather, Ecu is good , this bike is awesome , massive torque and screams in top end . All very complete. I'm glad i didnt go Panigale !!!!
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, no question it was the best bike to get against the Panigale.... I love that pipe, looks perfect! Very Happy
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your please with the pipe, I'm still not convinced with regards to looks which is why I passed on it. I'm currently running mine with no end can to see what difference it makes.

Be interested to know what it sounds like, any chance of posting up a video of it running?

Be interesting to know what was done to the ECU?
tassie v2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and post a clip this weekend. The ecu was reflashed with a map that Bimota developed in conjunction with this pipe (Arrow) which they are using on their WSBK bike. I was sceptical if it would make their claimed 200+hp , but it would seem to be damn close.
I wouldnt compare a highly developed exhaust to dropping the can off a std exhaust. Could even do some valve damage ? No back pressure no length no torque. Your engine would probably suck half the gasses back through the exhaust valves. There is a Harley orientated web site RBRacing worth a read
GeorgeV

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: 200hp? Reply with quote

Whose kit is that? Where are the parts from?
tassie v2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey George, Kit is by Bimota factory. You get Hi flow air filter, full titanium system and ecu reflash with the factory sbk map. Not cheap and you will have to ask Alan here in Melbourne for a price. The price is not cheap because the pipe is made by one guy for Bimota and only 20 were made. Pipe was developed by Bimota for their race bike that they are wanting to run next year in WSBK. They dynoed this kit at 204hp, that puts it at least equal to the panigale and BMW in hp and heaps more torque down low in rpm.javascript:emoticon('Twisted Evil') Also puts the DB8 down to about 159 kg dry. = missile. My pipe is signed by the maker and #7 of 20. Runs an Arrow 1 into 1 can . Quiet while idling and howls over 4500rpm.
Contact Allan at Bimota Australia , also trade as FX Powersports check out their web site
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: