Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Schottenring oldtimer races and 'teaparty' in Germany August
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crankcase

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahhhhhhh

this is going to be a very fun year.

let me know when I can book hotels . . . Pompey- tea party still on?

we've got 8 (I think) including Garry riding down on the 17th.

I'll have to dig out the picture from 2 years ago when 6 Bimotas, a Benelli and a Ducati filled all 8 petrol pumps at the filling station on the main road here- so cool. And no one else around- 2x cool.

Glemseck is going to be 3 x cool Cool
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tea party on for sure. Will sort out that hotel with the lads though I may come over a bit earlier. I may also head from Portsmouth to Caen then head cross country. which will be far more fun then riding across uk to dover!
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earlier is good.
need somebody to put the chairs out and clean my bikes Wink
AR_bimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind putting the chairs out and cleaning bikes, make sure you've got the beers in the fridge! Laughing
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, you know me Andrew.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crosses "Budvar" off must take list................... Very Happy
crankcase

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd better bring your own 'budvar' what? Garry- you know I've 'been away' for a while . ..

got a call from Klaus yesterday- who organised the Int. Bim meeting 2 years ago- which was the inspiration to do the tea parties- because he didn't want to do it anymore. It was a VERY big event with 50 or 60 Bim owners from Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and 7 from the UK.

As we did last year- met up on Sunday and had a blast around the Odenwald together.
Klaus has offered that if anybody wants to stay on longer- they are welcome to stay at his place for 20 euros a night and enjoy more of the area together. And he knows a lot of great roads as well as being a great host.
His suggestion is to get a 2nd ferry ticket in advance for the lower price and decide later wether you will go back on the planned schedule- Monday or stay on longer- each way you lose 20 something pounds!

I did the same when I worked in Rome- booked my flights for 100euros 6 months in advance- then if I didn't need to go at sometime- I lost 100 euros- who cares?

This could even be an idea for somebody who can't make it on the weekend and wants to come over later- mind you- Glemseck! !

Anyway you'll be seeing Klaus at least on Saturday night at mine, hopefully with his wife Irmi (VFR, that's a Honda motorcycle) and daughter Sascia (YB11) and he's going to try and drum up some of the German Bim club members . . .

This is starting to get serious! Very Happy

Brigitte is outside now laying cobble stones to get more parking area! good girl- I might give her a hand tomorrow . . .

I think a picture of 20 plus Bimotas with their owners in the yard would just about make my (our) weekends. Compared to 4 last year, not that numbers are important- quality is: quality of company and quality of life.
Last year was so brilliant, I enjoyed every second that my guests were here- planning to make it an annual event.
Which means I'll probably be doing it on my own someday . . .

all the best
Ian

Last edited by crankcase on Thu May 03, 2012 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
AR_bimota

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that Brigitte is still doing all the hard work and you're avoiding it, make sure some of those cobbles are at the right height for dodgy bimota side stands!

Give my regards to Klaus and to be fair Irmi has a YB9sri as well as her VFR so they all have bims. Although I'm sure Klaus has more than all of us!

Just remember you'll have two of the four there again this year, and I have to agree that it's a great weekend and I will make every effort to join you for as long as you can be bothered to sort it.

As we've already discussed this third trip will be one with each of my bimota's, so I might need a new bike for next year...
crankcase

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobbles do my back in you know?
I'd say the way we've been doing it- there will be a place in the yard somewhere for side stands between 1m and 1cm.

should have guessed one of the Bims must be Irmi's. Very Happy good for her.
crankcase

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: little update Reply with quote

did a bit of overdue email shotting at the weekend

Klaus got on his DB7 and came straight over to confirm he'll be here in August- that's what I call thorough. and he's going to rattle the German Bimota forum to see who else from around here is interested.

And got a couple of friends motivated to book hotels for Saturday night and stuff.

It's getting better and better.

Brigitte has even been out on the DB2 for the first time at the weekend - always nice to arrive at an Italian restaurant with something Italian, especially when the owner is a biker too (Guzzi Falcone sport and a . . . erm . . . fat boy!)

other than that, desparately trying to get neccessary things done and out of the way to get back to work on the YB4 . . .
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
crosses "Budvar" off must take list................... Very Happy

mmmmmmm beer

found it : ))
GeeKay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a truly pleasing sight Ian, that is!! Very Happy
thats "proper" Bud - last time I drank that was in Quedlinburg 2002 when we went to WSB at Oscherslaben. Thanks to Budvar, I dont remember much about the post-race party................ Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a few more pics.
the rest can be seen on my website : )

us arriving at Schotten.

a few of the bikes in the yard.

an SB6 with monoarm conversion at Schotten, apparently 3 sets were made each costing 8000 euro, which explains the 3 sets.

DB2 with superbike bars and modified Ducati top fairing parked near us.

Sunday lunch in sunny Spessart at the Engländer pub.

the SB1 that I saw in Spa last time.

very nice Horex Schnell racer.

an FHF with 1000cc JAP engine.

it's that bloke again

Kens' Furano was almost as loud as the kit 851

Garry and Andrew posing a bit

Andrews' SB8R in the barn, where I would like to have kept it.

that's plenty off to the website with you, there's even some videos and things

big thanks to those who came- brilliant weekend, plan to do again next year too, maybe more than once . .
all the best
Ian
Vince186

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, nice website.
It was almost a European Bimota meet.
Maybe I join next year.
AR_bimota

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Thanks for a great weekend and your hospitality. Count me in (again!) for next year Smile

Much as my SB8r looks good on your garage I think it looks better in mine..

Geeky, great to meet you at last and thanks for the company on most of the trip.

Once again to the rest of you if you only do one decent trip in a year make it this one you want be disappointed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: