Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vyrus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Vyrus Reply with quote

The Vyrus models are nice, but personally I like the design and look of the BIMOTA Tesi 3D LE much better.

If Vyrus does come out with the kit bike to allow the use of a 600cc Honda and/or Yamaha engine, that would be on my want list.

The Vyrus H2O cooled bike looks a little to busy for my liking. Almost like they were having trouble finding places and or room for all of the parts they needed to make a working street bike.

They look more like R&D mills, or perhaps preproduction prototypes than the finished production offering.

But to each his own....

Even though I like the Tesi 3D better......if I was given a Vyrus for my birthday, I would most likely keep it and not sell it to get something else

Smile
Conjurer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, are there any vyrus owners here?
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im a future owner.....hopefully Smile I love them!
http://backoffice3.titanka.com/newsletter/view_newsletter.php?v=MjEzMXwxMzc0NHw0MTE0ODgx
Conjurer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! The vyrus ultimate is beautiful. Saw it in person when I visited them in rimini on Monday. Spent hours with them learning about the bikes, the tech, about biking generally, from the top man, the engineers. Had an amazing time, really made me feel like I was part of their family. Really passionate bunch. I guess it's the attention you get when you deal with a very small manufacturer.

Popped by bimota and they gave me the cold shoulder initially even though I told them i only wanted to get some t shirts. Guess they were busy with their Japanese clients. Determined, I came back in the afternoon, told them I travelled far and they finally let me buy a couple of their t shirts Confused Maria handling part sales was quite nice and accommodating, fortunately. saved my first contact experience with them.

mv05 exy wrote:
im a future owner.....hopefully Smile I love them!
http://backoffice3.titanka.com/newsletter/view_newsletter.php?v=MjEzMXwxMzc0NHw0MTE0ODgx

Conjurer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mv05 exy, I love your signature Very Happy it's true for me too
Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Vyrus Reply with quote

Hmm,

looks interesting but for about £16,000 for the kit Shocked I'll pass!

Cheers, MikeJ
Tuna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Vyrus reporting Reply with quote

(alt+p)

You ask if there were any Vyrus out there. Here's mine in Sacramento CA. It has a 1200cc NCR engine. It has the same power to weight as Moto GP 2 bikes. 14.5 to 1 compression.
I picked the color from the MV Agusta that was made for the Italian Soccer team that won the World Cup. MV only made that color for the team players. They were painted in San Marino and Vyrus had the same guy that painted the MV paint mine. Sometime I would like to get matt carbon fiber bodywork. I think it would be a nice change.
I have Ohlins TTX shocks with titanium springs ordered from Vyrus. I recently installed a Lithium battery and saved 6 pounds of high up weight. Plus it cranks much stronger. I've done a lot of things to it. One was a new muffler. It is a Termignoni titanium race muffler for a Hypermotard. It weighs half of the original and it's one inch shorter. That one inch let me install a NCR high performance oil cooler. With the original muffler the NCR oil cooler wouldn't fit. I also knocked out the Catalytic Converter that was hidden in the header pipe. This exhaust sounds very cool and the performance made a real boost. It's fun starting it when I have it on Ducati Island at the Laguna Seca Moto GP. Sometimes when it starts, it backfires a big flame out the exhaust. There are always a bunch of people standing around when I start it on the Island. Great fun.
I replace the front wheel bearings with each tire change. I found ceramic bearings for it in China. They are a odd size and hard to find in Ceramic. The quality is much higher (so's the price). I got the Ceramic front brake rotors when I got it, but the Brembo GP calipers with titanium pistons were not available. The Brembo distributor in England had one set and let me have them.
I put in a xenon hid headlight after getting caught out after sunset on the Pacific Coast Hwy south of Big Sur. It is seriously dark there with not one straight piece of road. It's straight up cliff on one side and on the other, a 400' drop into the Pacific. With the stock headlight I couldn't see 5' in front of me. It took half the night to get back to Carmel. Now with the xenon, it lights up the night like a Baja Trophy Truck. It even lights up road signs in broad daylight.
I've seen comments about Bimota being difficult to get parts or even a T-shirt. With Vyrus, Ascanio gives you his cell phone & personal email. Plus he gives you a tour of the parts bins. They have every part in stock. I've seen them with my own eyes. If you need anything, you just get the owner of the company on the phone and he takes care of it. Try that with Honda. Vyrus is a first class company. The bikes and customers are like family. He knows where everyone is. When I ordered mine, I gave him a $70000 deposit with nothing more than a handshake. I'll trust Ascanio's handshake over a stack of contracts any day.
Thanks for having a forum for Vyrus. I hope more owners will join and tell their stories.
MV Agusta 312 Corse
Ducati MH900e Carbon Dream
Tuna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(alt+p)

(alt+p)[/img]

(alt+p)[/img]

(alt+p)[/img]
MV Agusta 312 Corse
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thanks TUNA I love looking at these things. You have a lovely looking bike. I remember when mv bought that colour scheme out, looked great, as all mv schemes seem to. Any other pictures? Or videos? Smile
Tuna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Vyrus & MV Reply with quote

If you also have a MV, you'll like this photo. It's at the annual SoCal MV ride up Angles Crest Hwy. Mines the 312 Corse.

Here is the Vyrus at the Laguna Seca GP with the NCR display. Mine has the same engine as thhe Hailwood in the picture.

Here"s a photo of the MV in the middle of the Polo store in San Francisco.

MV Agusta 312 Corse
mv05 exy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tuna, I recognise that picture with the MV's in. Are you a member of MVagusta.net? I dont recognise the username Tuna from there but certainly recognise the picture. I am a member but havent been on there for a while, over a year, great forum. I love MV's, probably going to get another one soon Smile
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vyrus Reply with quote

[quote="daotoys1"]
If Vyrus does come out with the kit bike to allow the use of a 600cc Honda and/or Yamaha engine, that would be on my want list."
They do or did:- Vyrus 986 M2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: