Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Old - but New to me Evoluzione Corse
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to point this out but I guess your speedo doesn't work, or if it does it will be very inaccurate. Wrong disc's on it so wrong number of bobbins. Can't work out if the wires/sensor is still there.
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runesika, yes I think you’re right, they do look like the standard chambers, it’s a bit of a shame but not massively bothered Confused I’ve just had a look at those mystery exhausts and they seem good. If I go down the route of different chambers I may get some made rather than buy the Jolly Motos, or maybe if Piero has some original Corsa’s go for those.

Bimotanige, thanks for the offer for bits; I’m led to believe my box has everything but I guess I won’t know until I start fitting it all. I do have the UK headlight, horn and the standard 4 can silencer system. I’m not sure about the smaller stuff like micro switches etc but I don’t think that they should be too much of a problem. I’ll probably get the forks and shock serviced and set up properly before I take it on a serious track day but it’s good to know the front may be a bit soft as standard; It’s also good to know Trev is racing one, that could be very helpful, also with finding out where to get the race bodywork etc Smile

Yes vort28, I had realised that the speedo won’t work with the carbon wheels after we spoke, I also think that maybe aftermarket carbon wheels will be a no no for the SVA test as well but I do have the originals and hopefully I have the speed sensor in my box.

And brian, I’ve got the article in pdf but hadn’t realised there was a centre spread, I REALLY need that now. I’ve got the bike(motorized) in the garage, they should have come as a pair, I’ll have to find the other one now Twisted Evil

If anyone can help with finding an original copy of Performance Bikes I would be most grateful Wink
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige, one more thing, my bike did have a quickshifter fitted as reported in th PB test and they also suggest it had a race shift pattern (1 up, 5 down). It's currently has fitted a standard shift rod and pattern, the sensor rod is in the box, but I was wondering if your's has the QS with race pattern change and if so how is/was it fitted, ie was it just the crank on the output shaft turned up or something else? Ta
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did not have the quick shifter fitted when I bought it as Piero said he had had issues with fitting them and making them work properly. Sad . The box is standard set up 1 down 5 up. If you want a copy of the PB article let me know -mine is only a colour copy though.
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i'll leave the QS off then I think, the PB article suggests that they had problems with it anyway Confused

Thanks for the offer but I've downloaded the PB article from the vdue.it site. I really fancy having an original now, especially with the centre fold Razz
runesika

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballsout Racing wrote:
Thanks, i'll leave the QS off then I think, the PB article suggests that they had problems with it anyway Confused

Thanks for the offer but I've downloaded the PB article from the vdue.it site. I really fancy having an original now, especially with the centre fold Razz

I do have an original copy but without the center spread , i have just finished reading it again but as i brought my bike from the same man featured in the article i will hang onto it .

Keep a look out on ebay and one will turn up sooner or later . Did you like the quote saying it ran well for 15 seconds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Plaverda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the very bike my friend and I drove back from Piero.

It was indeed in performance bikes 3 months later.

I've got lots of pictures of its journey somewhere I'll have to dig it out for you.

I remember being very taken with Piero's wife and his toys! She was lovely as was his toys.
Ballsout Racing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I take it you are Paul? 50/50 chance Wink , I'd love any photo's or copies that you may have, or anything else about it for that matter, it's a keeper for me so any history would be great. Thanks very much for the offer Smile
Plaverda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballsout Racing wrote:
Paul, I take it you are Paul? 50/50 chance Wink , I'd love any photo's or copies that you may have, or anything else about it for that matter, it's a keeper for me so any history would be great. Thanks very much for the offer Smile

Hi,

I am indeed Paul, but Paul A, not Paul B Smile we both drove down to Milan in a day from Guildford in Paul B's Mercedes van. At the time Paul B owned www.rsvr.net. We stayed overnight and meet Piero the following day at his house. We then received a tour of his factory full of Vdues along with a few Rolls Royces as he was the Italian importer way back.

Paul B payed for his Vdue (number 27). I placed an order as well but lost my job a week later when the firm I worked for went bust, so couldnt complete Sad This was around 10 years ago I think (my pictures are film!).

We then drove back avoiding Switzerland. Stayed overnight in Lyon. When we reached Calais the French border guards loved the bike and thought I was the racer pilot Smile the Mercedes van was silver and covered in www.rsvr.net graphics.

A fun weekend.
bimota27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM A PREVIOUS OWNER OF THIS BIKE , I BOUGHT IT FROM A GUY IN BUCKHURST HILL , ESSEX , IT ALREADY HAD THE BST WHEELS ON IT WHEN I PURCHASED IT, KEPT IT IN MY LIVING ROOM FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND THEN SOLD IT TO MDINA MOTORCYCLES WHO SOLD IT ON ......KEVIN
X2PAB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: vdue Reply with quote

Hi

I was sent the link to the forum - and it's great to see that No27 is still in circulation - I imported several VDue's but that was my personal one and has got a few special bits - I also asked Pierro to be ultra meticulous over the original engine -re-build - apart from the carb conversion there were a number of internal mods carried out other Milan Vdue's to make the engines more robust - here are a few more pics for you (taken at Donington - Dale Lomas from Performance Bikes is riding) and pictures from the warehouse in Milan - these were all taken 10 years ago....

[/url]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151218666772636&set=a.10151218657357636.460150.685137635&type=1&theater[url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: