Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 or SB6R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon1052

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: SB6 or SB6R Reply with quote

I feel like a bit of a fraud at the moment on this forum but I'm currently looking to forsake the sanity and comfort of the Japanese bike industry and get myself a Bimota, see the wanted section.
My question is to R or not to R, financially and aestheticaly I would rather an SB6 but is the SB6R a much better bike, cooling sorted and access for maintenance easier etc, I know it'll depend on what comes up etc but any thoughts on the relative merits would be appreciated.
Am I doing the right thing?
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course your doing the right thing Wink
Cost wise, there is not a lot in it judging by the price both 6 and 6r's have been going for lately.
Having owned a couple of both, I can honestly say that the 6R is a much better built bike not that the 6 was too badly built. As for accessibility for maintenance there's not a lot in it, both are awkward in different ways.
jon1052

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, it's just a matter of finding one now - I think it'll be more a case of the particular bike that comes up.
Are there any recommended dealers worth a call?
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been said before, You just gotta keep looking then two will turn up together Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR..... Buy a SB8, decide you don't really like it and sell it to me cheap just to get rid of it Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: