Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota HB3 for Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Bimota HB3 for Sale Reply with quote

Bimota HB3 for Sale, running, taxed etc, a really vivid paint scheme, if you like Yellow, as engine cases are Yellow Powder COated also, located England, Really quite a special beast with 1340CC Big Bore Kit, and lots of other trick engine parts....

Receiving details shortly, pictures etc so will post up then, in the meantime, any interested parties please PM me and I'll pass on details

Cheers

Last edited by 2bims on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
the crazytop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mate,
I have sent you a pm but i am not sure you have received.
Could you pls advice
SB1
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now you have a PM also...
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on HB3 from Owner, and when his son has finished playing football, he'll help him to take digital picture thingies, that I'll post up Laughing

Ref the bim; 1453cc, engine done by v&m racing, triple s did all the powder coating, dream machine the paintwork. I then had hobbsport put on 33mm smoothbores, new kent cams. Then maxton made the rear shock for it and revalved the forks. New discs a little while ago. Think it has approx 28000km on it. I've got most of the bills to confirm all the work. I've owned it for approx 13/14 years, and I bought it from a friend who had the original work done. So approx last 22years of known history.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update on the HB3 for sale since a few folk have been interested the owner has done some more research from the previous owner to him...

Done some digging and mine is defo a hb2. Sold as a frame kit to south africa and had a cb1100 engine in it from new. Came back to uk-london-with a ducati approx1988-1990, my friend pete bought them both. He did all the powder coating and got v&m racing to bore/stroke it to 1458cc. I then did all the rest over the last 14 years. Thought it best to give the hb2 confirmation, so that we're not leading anyone on with duff info. Think hb2/hb3 are exactly the same frame- etc -, but don't want to offend anyone by being incorrect. Frame is hb2 no 142 out of interest.
pdcooper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Is this for sale? Reply with quote

I have sent a few PM's and emails but no details.
waggy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry folks the hb has been sold, to me Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats waggy, the owner is a swell guy to deal with, just need some piccies now,,,,whats your plans? More yellow paint for the engine, or back to sort of stock, barring all the internal changes of course..
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done again Waggy! Very Happy
waggy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here she is, its a bit bright so sunglasses may be needed Very Happy
It will be my next resto project, and will go back to red/white with no yellow in site.

2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the piccies Waggy....It does look as bright and nice as I recall...and I would have said so when you asked...but when I popped over to see Howard there were so many other steeds there to peruse, and I had a girlie in tow...I could not really vouch for the bike on its entirety....Did you actually fly over and see H and his other bikes? No other Bims..although he used to have a few including DB8, DB1 (the one I have) and a Db2 FE, and he used to have a Ducati 750F1 tricolor also...but now his twins are all Buells and Moto Guzzis...I'd be so tempted to keep the yellow for its real "In your face appeal".....
waggy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi 2bims, l was on holiday in england at the time, so it was a fortunate set of circumstances that allowed me to view the bike and meet howard, a great guy. The colour scheme will definately divide opinion and maybe bring on a migraine Very Happy l do prefer the original red and white scheme, though reckon it would also look nice in anniversary blue and silver colours.
RWG

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with project waggy, great bike just looks f------g crap as is, but I respect a manwho can see beyound this small detail and who has the intension to restore to former glory. Rearly looking forward to seeing a classic Bimota.
RWG
waggy

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rwg, will be sure to start a resto thread shortly.
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , interesting colour scheme ! I would imagine that engine is a bit of a grenade though .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: