Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB1 Fairing Spacer #500271070 - Dimension?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good man. You wont get much finger pointing from this forum. We are all very happy to experiment and have a go at something different. The purists are here but they are very well behaved!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB1RS2R wrote:

Heard a rumor it's the 851/888 taillight but not sure.

Cheers!

Ask Pompey on here, hes a 851/888 fan and has one of each so should get the part no off the back and I could check it against mine
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be pulling the nose cone off the DB1 this weekend, weather permitting, to fit new indicators (if thats whats waiting for me at the Post Office) so will photo and measure up one of the fairing spacers whilst I'm in there....Also got to rescue my Optimate lead as its tucked way way inside.

Reckon the belly pan on the DB1 kind of finishes them off but an S2R engine with headers running different ways than a Db1 engine it may be tricky to run the headers in the space available. I know the Db1's are famed for cooking themselves, and I intend to Ceram coat the inside and outside this year of the full exhaust and that should cure the heat transfer and build up...Heard good reports and theres a local company near me that does McClaren F1 for factory cars, Bentleys for all of them, and also used to do Foggys race pipes, so should be a good testamount of their ability....
DB1RS2R

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic: I love me some 851/888 too. I've owned 2 stradas, a '90 & a '92. Reverse cone mufflers = opera. Something about the sound of those early 4-valve small blocks. My Dad's big into them also, owns like 5 of the damn things. An ex-Falappa/Corser corsa & the only SP4S I know of in North America. Melts my brain.
'00 Ducati 996
'10 Ducati Streetfighter 1098
'69 Laverda 750 GT
'66 Velocette Venom Clubman
NorVin project (in progress)
Previous Bimota: '87 YB5
DB1RS2R

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to machinist about a lower steering head bearing adapter that will house a 55x35 tapered bearing and be the spacer I need to add. Bearings ordered. To be continued.
'00 Ducati 996
'69 Laverda 750 GT
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its been a long while in the taking, and despite wind and Rain, and temperatures down to -5 degrees with wind chill Factor, DB1 was wheeled out over the weekend to measure up front fairing spacers, of which 2 No. will be needed....

All dimensions in millimetres.....kind regards to GeeKay in helping to prise Nose cone off. Forgot that lower belly pan also has to be dropped to get to fairing spacer as theres a flat plate on the upper tank fairing that stops you getting your mits inside to relocate it...Happy turning time on lathe/drill Guys...

Mike Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

many thanks for braving the cold and providing the dimensions, they'll be very helpful if I can't find the originals,

Cheers, MikeJ
DB1RS2R

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great drawings/pics. Thanks, Steve!!

Best,
Adam
'00 Ducati 996
'69 Laverda 750 GT
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries guys, the drgs would have been neater, but my fingers were still numb from cold... Surprised Seem to be be going into Winter again here, and we've not even had Spring, Summer or Autumn yet..
DB1RS2R

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the frame to my machinist's again yesterday for some more DB1 fun. We were checking out our options on the steering head bearing install (going to run tapered bearings top & bottom) when we noticed the frame has a slight tweak to it. It's a new old stock frame but I think it got banged up in storage over the years.

Called the frame pros here in northern California and we're going to straighten it up, line up where the engine/rear wheel needs to be and see what else I need to do to make the chassis make sense. Then if I need to modify the rocker and/or the links, raise/lower the forks, etc. I'll know what to do and how much to do it. Good shtuff.
'00 Ducati 996
'69 Laverda 750 GT
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another true Bimotista ... someone who thinks a problem is "good stuff"" ! Brilliant. Sounds like you are on a mission for a summer completion and possibly this summer Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: