Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota Filler Cap rubber seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Bimota Filler Cap rubber seals Reply with quote

Hi all, just a quick heads up for anyone that may wish to renew the rubber seal on the petrol caps as illustrated below. Mine on the Db1 is well past its expiry date, butchered slightly and hard and not sealing properly and whilst we all may put new tyres, new seals in calipers, brake hoses etc maybe not so many choose to check their petrol cap except when filling up and lets face it we're more interested in riding at that time..

I know these caps were used on early Sb6's, Db1's and YB9's but my knowledge and library of filler caps is not perhaps what it could be (and why would it be so??)

I've failed to find exisiting "stock" but have found a UK company that will make up the seals in BA standard Nitrile rubber 5mm thick (resistant to fuel) 83mm o/d and 58mm i/d (the 85mm o/d in the picture is the alloy plate it sits on and the seal only goes to the inside of the chamfered edge.

Anyone interested in any? Early indications are around 5GBP each plus posting wherever, but this is low as it fits inside a small envelope.

The company can tool up to make a batch and bring the cost down but this runs to almost 100 needed prior to it being economically efficient.

Also linked to this post Mr Vort, as we try to chip in together on same goods to make it wohwhile ordering

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=21697#21697

Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Bimota Filler Cap Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Any idea if these would fit a 6R hinged filler cap. A nod and a wink to Oily, who boasts both machines in his extenxive collection Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny, as you hint, perhaps Oiley could help, but normally the hinged caps have a much smaller aperture on the actual tank and the rubber is pressed onto the top, dimensions are on there though so throw a ruler over it to check
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimota Filler Cap Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Jonny B Bad wrote:
Any idea if these would fit a 6R hinged filler cap. A nod and a wink to Oily, who boasts both machines in his extenxive collection Wink

No, They won't fit a 6R JBB Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Bimota Filler Cap Seals Reply with quote

Thanks for looking Oily.

Would be useful to know which firm has been identified to knock these up for future reference.
phil-short

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has an order for these been placed cos if so I would like to put my name down for one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Spare Parts For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: