Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Refining The V-Due

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Refining The V-Due Reply with quote

Over the past 5 years I have been slowly working on refining my V-Due.
When I bought it, I was shown some pics of the shop in Italy where they were all torn down to have the engine case problems solved. I didn't really care for what I saw. So, when I got home with my new baby, I disassembled the entire bike. I first went through the engine,(more on that later), and then the frame. The frame was covered with many little spots of oxidation from setting in the warehouse during the engine case debacle. It looked like crap and that was that! I have wet sanded the frame and swing-arm and polished them to remove all the oxidation. It was no easy task! I now have the time to finish the bike so I thought I would share some of the blood, sweat and tears of the refinement with my fellow V-Dues'. Here are some pics of the frame and swing-arm rough polished. I am in the process of doing the final polish and will post pics when it is done. You can see in one of the pics the spots of oxidation. When the weather cooperates better, I will apply a clear coat to them. Sorry about picture quality on the frame pics, had to re-size them.

runesika

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read all your posts with interest and look forward to any updates you will be posting on the V due .
Will you be rebuilding it with a different paint job from standard now you have a polished frame (looks good ) ?
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be leaving the stock paint on it.
Why mess up a good thing!
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes too true , LC s and CBXs also only look good with standard paint regardless of what else has been done to them . I think a V DUE may look good painted mat / satin black like some MVs but you first !
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that LC's only look good with standard paint . I think my bike looks real nice with the Steve baker paint on it .
However if the paint is alraeds nice ion The due i would leave it . I love to see the polished alloy the bike i bet its gowing to look ace . As you can see i do like polished alloy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: