Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB8 suspension settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: DB8 suspension settings Reply with quote

Has anybody got the factory settings for the 2013 build Extremetech rear shock?
Not the red/blue version. Thanks
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past Bimota didn't really have any settings, it was left to the owners yo sort out.
It will probably pay you to find a suspension guy to set up the bike initially then ride it for a while to let everything bed in. Make some notes about how the bike works and how it doesn't and go from there.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: DB8 suspension settings Reply with quote

[quote="grog"]Has anybody got the factory settings for the 2013 build Extremetech rear shock?
Not the red/blue version. Thanks[/quote]

Hey Grog how you going? I've got a late 2012 DB8sp and I think it may have the same rear shock as yours. No numbers on the outside to go by? Looking at it from behind the right one has a blue marker inside the allen key adjuster and the left one red. I'm interested on input here cause it was only yesterday that i had a big play around with my settings. Long story, but I finally have my 1098s dialled in tight and well balanced. I'm finding the 8 to be really nervous and a bit chattery (best way I can descibe) so ive had it to soft and to tight, But I may suggest not to change the front forks to much Maybe 1.5 turns out for compression (btm of fork) and about 2 turns out for rebound , (top of fork). This presuming the factory set the sag for your weight (will be pretty close if they did)
For the rear shock i found the factory settings way to soft , I destroyed a rear tire in about 15 laps one track day. I havent really got a handle on my settings yet but I can count the turns out for you if your interested and we could share a bit of feed back. I have also found on my Ducati i can run with little if any steering dampening , but the Bimota requires a fair bit , i'm running 2 turns in from factory , a turn makes alot of difference so dont go out to 3 straight up !
grog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Front is fine the steering dampener is not a problem either. Mine is far to "hard " in the rear. Any mark or road repair patch sends your back to the doctor.
Soft is not in the equation but my track settings seem fine at the Island. Rider sag is in the parameters I would use on my ducati etc. What is your factory spring Nos and your weight as these are important to your comments. I'm 77kgs wet ready to ride.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate , didnt realise you're blasting around P.I. Thats good, You can help me a bit. I'll count back my current rear settings as it was to soft last track outing and now seems fine. I'm 84kg leathered . Also I have removed the Zard exhaust and I fitted the Arrow 2 into 1 TI. that Allen had . I'll get back to you soon .
grog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines got the arrow system as well, hope you had it dyno'd properly as mine was a beast till I had it mapped correctly.
217.9hp now
tassie v2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is yours one of the 20 that were made and signed by ????? his name . Allan loaded the factory map that was done to suit this pipe. Runs pretty hard but no I haven't dynoed it. 217 at the crank ?

Back to this rear shock, I've been running 5 clicks out for comp and rebound (both high speed) . I've completly confused myself now with the low speed adjustment, I need to find out if the base setting for this is set while the high speed is at std (10 clicks out) or when high speed is fully wound in.! This adjuster then turns with the hex nut. ( my shock came without any numbers that usually show 1-12.
Any help out there ?
grog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep mine is #12
I'll post my settings tomorrow but they are not to flash but work. the nos on the spring will help me make the comparison!
The dyno chart was at the rear wheel and it is a lot more than both my race bike and the ducati. Both have been on the dyno and are real.
The first map was supposed to be sbk etc but was so bad that at 3k you could go to sleep then it would through over the bars. then at 6k it would surge then go ballistic!
They re flashed it but its still not right ,then I had them dyno it and set it to the arrows pipe in real time and it goes but still with a bit of hesitation of idle.
Top end is now very strong and linear.
I've done 800 klms with no respect to red line but the bike will be great but needs to be set up more carefully.
Happy to give over some more info if its available. I'm going to Riminni in July to see the factory and some real answers if I can.
Q!uinny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear shock on my bike does not have the Blue/Red numbered discs but is going to Kais for the suspension setting up. I will post the settings when it is done. It will be 95kg (fat Git) fast road riding ( Nurburgring ). I have been told the shocks are different I dont know if this is true or not. Smile
grog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back home again, so these are my current settings.Front sag 34mm ,preload 9 clicksout, rebound 3 and compression 2
Rear sag 33mm .rebound Low 13/22 clicks ,rebound High 13/22 , Compression L 8/22, compression H 15/22.
Still not happy but its due for its first service now so will be getting some advice from the experts in Melbourne. Confused
grog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spring is H & R 130-50-90!
tassie v2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked my front preload and found they had set to 7.5 turns . Feels much better (balanced) . Symptoms were, that the bike was standing up through a corner off every bump. Getting slight headshake too. Comp 2 turns out rebound 3 turns out . My weight is 83kg but the bike has lost weight thanks to the TT pipe. (Do need to check sag again)
Rear shock I feel is close to being sorted , but i badly need a new tire. Running high speed comp and rebound at 5-6 clicks out , and set the slow speed both at position 9 (as in 9 o'clock when the high speed dial were fully wound in). I presume the slow speed settings will really only take effect on the track to eliminate squat and rear slide.
Feel free to add or critisise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: