Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

just love the clamps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: just love the clamps Reply with quote

I just love the clamps with the swivel pin im gowing to have to get a set for my bike

vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bims , SHAME ON YOU , I can see a spot of muck there Shocked
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I see it, bottom right of the trianglular recess on left clamp outer face, a slight spec, many apologies, I'll get right on it Laughing
Norbo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get a set for my Hybrid. what bikes are they fitted to so i know what to ask for when i try to order a set
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, they are fitted to the Bimota DB6R, and possibly the Bimota DB6...perhaps also the Bimota DB9 Bravado...and thats it...Only made for Bimota, by Bimota...thats what they do, so dont be thinking that Busters or ebay will have them. Give Armin of DRT schneider in Germany a go, never let me down yet for bits I want, and seems pretty good at getting things for new Bimotas. If you need I'll measure up the Bar diameter at the clamps, as the bars have extruded tapers to the bar ends, and the clamp are suitably sized for the extra dia of the bars at the clamp points...Best of luck, jsut post if you cant find Armin contacts
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick look at a standard DB6, as opposed to the "R" model, and the same hinged clamps are used on that model also...But...and I'll confirm later, it does appear that the bottom half of the raised clamps are actually "integral" to the top yoke...i.e. they started off with a humongous piece of Billet and have milled it away to make the top yoke and bar risers as one whole piece..Thus it would be difficult to replicate exactly without making up a whole new Yoke, together with 50mm Marzocchi fronts....Gulp,,,now I've looked at piccies, I defo have to check for real whather thats what theyve done... Surprised
Norbo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the second pic you can clearly see its a bolt on part . even bimota arnt that crazy to make the top yoke and clamp out of a MASIVE pice the size of a foot ball .
Norbo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can some one just give me a link to a place i can order these clamps from . Ive spent 20 mins serching the web for a parts suplyer and coming up with nothing . Even put in DRT schneider and still getting nothing can some one help .
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I normally make life easier for people, but have been a bit busy as of late, am happy to report that the clamps arent integral to the top yoke, reflective light from shiney things was playing tricks on me, they have a hidden bolt fixing under the top yoke

Armin/DRT Schneider is bimota-teille.de

As in Bimota parts

http://www.bimota-teile.de/

Email address is
info@bimota-teile.de

I also note that Armin has recently introduced an English Language page, what a wonderful chap he is, possibly due to this Forum and the folk that now buy from him...Progress, thats what we like to see

as per link below

http://www.bimota-teile.de/Parts/index.html
Norbo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers. I did fined that site in the end with a google search but have had no reply. I even sent them the same pics just to be on the safe side and told them the bike you say they are off. .
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armins a good guy, but no English, so uses translate tools, be patient, as hes away a lot, bimota spares is hardly a full time business'!
Norbo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did get back to me and said do need the complet clamp i replyed yes the 2clamps what price and that was 3 weeks back now and no reply since
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: