Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

praktical tesi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vagabond wrote:

IMHO I think there's a design flaw there.

A design flaw Shocked
On a Bimota Shocked
Is that possible Shocked

I'll add it to the list of several hundred other design flaws over the years Laughing
I think that's one of the endearing attractions of the Bimota marque......they are so easy to improve on Wink
Sb6R fighter
Sb6 or Sb7 WANTED
Macx2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about getting a 3D when I finish restoring my SB2 and I have been looking at the differences between the first and second series to see which would be the best. However I have seen a small article on a 2013 dual seat, low pipe, high bar model. This hasn't been listed in Australia as the importer is still selling 2012 stock. I think I might look for a second hand model if I find out that the new high bars can be fitted to an earlier model. Any ideas on this?
Ian
Vagabond

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll add it to the list of several hundred other design flaws over the years

Even though this thread is titled 'Praktical Tesi', I don't think there's such a thing. The Tesi being hand made will IMO require more TLC then say a mass produced BMW or Jap bike. The parts will crack, the motor won't run properly and so on, simply because there's only a tiny volume made world wide so there's no rigorous field testing done.

Folks who own these Bimotas have other brands that they take out when they want to just get from point to point. However the Tesi is like having a beautiful, voluptuous, buxom Italian super model as your young mistress. EVERYONE stops to take photos, strike conversations and admire that work of beauty - the Tesi, I mean; I don't have the Italian mistress just yet.

I am also privileged to own other exotic machinery - and they're the same, if not worse in reliability than Bimotas. Just my thoughts on the Tesi 3D.
Hartwig

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the "practical Tesi" found a new owner in Germany and is getting restored these days Smile ... will post some pics as soon as done!

Hartwig

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the practical Tesi 1 found a new owner and is getting restored .... will post some pics as sonns as this is done!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: