Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 clutch problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanv

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: SB6 clutch problem Reply with quote

Hi all. Got the SB6 home at last. Ordered fresh tyres, changed the fork oil, started it up and into first gear - now the clutch will not disengage. I have bled the line but no luck, so starting from the top I'll try to repair the master cylinder before trying to get to the clutch. I have looked for a Tourmax repair kit with no luck, so any suggestions on where I can get one would be appreciated. Failing that, I will need a replacement master cylinder - again, suggestions welcome.

Alan

Last edited by alanv on Tue May 28, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: SB6 Clutch problem Reply with quote

It's far more likely to be a failed slave than master. Drop that motor!
brian

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long has the bike been sitting? Been in storage? Does it feel like there's pressure in the clutch line? It may just be that the clutch plates are all stuck together.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
alanv

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Jonny, you may be right about the slave cyl, can you repair it or is it a replacement im looking at.?.......HI Brian, the bike ran a few miles with no problem but the next day no joy, if I put the bike in first with engine off I can move the bike with a lot of effort if the clutch is fully in but no way rideable, cheers AL
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy a seal kit for it but if the piston is scored you'll need a new slave (£80) from Suzuki.

As said you'll need to drop the engine or swing it forward on the top mounts to take off the sproket cover, the slave cyl fits into the back of this.
alanv

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Picture Reply with quote

Anyone know how to post a pic? I've uploaded file but can't seem to find a way to get back to original page to save / submit.
Hursty

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to load the photo onto something like photobucket and them cut and paste the image code into your post and your done Very Happy Very Happy
Remember to post lots of pic's of your bike you will be surprise how much we can tell about your bike with a few pic's. Wink
Vince186

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alan,

What’s the progress with your clutch problem, did you solve it yet Question

Still no pics …… need some help Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: