Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Frame spacers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muzza

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Frame spacers Reply with quote

I noticed in the parts manual for my SB6R, that I should have a pair of spacers that sit between the tail section and the frame where it joins above the footrest hanger. The part numbers are 504970250 R.H Spacer and 504970260 L.H spacer. Any information in regards to this would be greatly appreciated.
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that it's any help Murry, my parts book show's the same spacers and they'er not fitted to my 6R either.
Has that footrest hanger arrived yet?
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Frame Spacers Reply with quote

No sign on mine either. Are we talking about washers, or a pad or what Shocked
Muzza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part in the parts book looks like a pad with holes in it. By the sounds of things they aren't fitted to anyone's bikes.
Yeah Rob, the hanger arrived in the mail today. At first I thought it was the wrong part due to the different shape, but on further inspection I realised that my damaged hanger was bent way out of shape. Thanks for your help with supplying the part.
oily

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's arrived Murry, I was begining to get worried Wink
oily

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go JBB, items 13 and 14

Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Frame Spacers Reply with quote

Tks Oily. Definitely not swept up anything like that after I've had mine to bits Confused
jonoft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These spacers were used for the first batch only (about 20 bikes I believe). The other 580 bikes does not have them. Then there is this issue with the brake discs. The first 3 batches of bikes (about 175) came with cast-iron discs, the rest with stainless. No big deal, except...

Bimota did not inform when they changed, but most mechanics can spot the difference between cast-iron and stainless. Besides cast-iron discs have 12 bobbins, stainless only 10. No big deal, except...

The digital instruments of the SB6R reads 4 special bolts fitted to the bobbins of the cast-iron discs, 5 on the stainless ones. No big deal, except...

The instruments are different. No big deal, except...

Bimota stored both versions in the same parts tray so you never knew which version you got before you fitted it. No big deal if you are Italian, but if you are a pedantic perfectionist like me it is a big deal!

Regards
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: