Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

525 Engine Sprockets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimotabob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: 525 Engine Sprockets Reply with quote

Hey have been through the local stealerships and cant find a listing for 525 sprockets.

Looks like the sprocket for the output shaft is just used on several Yamahas like YZF750 and TRX.
I currently run a heavy and power sappy 530 but 525 would be just right with a good chain.
I know the race guys go 520 which is easy to get hold of but I'm not doing that.
Although that would save quite a lot of weight for sure.
I went from 530 to 520 on my last bike a RG500 and it lost 1kg which i thought was pretty good combined with other reductions.

For the rear i run a aluminium blank machined so could buy a 525 and sort that ok.

Cheers
jason
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

JT sprockets have a listing for the TRX850, and it runs the 525 chain:

http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/model/2509

15,16,17 tooth are available.

Your local bike shop should be able to get them, or there should be plenty on eBay.

The YZF750 lists a 532 chain, whatever that is. A 520 conversion is also listed and this uses the Z13 spline, the same as the TRX850 so could be the sprocket to use for a 520 conversion.

Lech
Bud977

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The YZF-R6 also uses the same spline. There are listings for 530 and 520 conversions (from 532 as well) in the JT catalogue, but nothing for 525.
bimotabob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thats pretty good info.

The YZF600 2006 on uses the same pattern front sprocket in 525.
I can see a slight misalignment happening but i can get a local motorcycle engineer to sort that.
Would just need to move either the rear sprocket outwards slightly from the hub with a spacer/shim or modify the factory front sprocket spacer slightly shorter.

Thanks for that.
Gives me more plans for the money pit Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: