Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB10 Tail Tidy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glened

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: DB10 Tail Tidy Reply with quote

Hi everyone I have recently purchased a DB10, it is brand new and the dealership can't at the moment appear to fix a problem with how the bike runs, apparently it needs the battery disconnecting to correct the problem. Bomota technicians are now due to site. I hope I have not made a mistake in my choice of new bike? However I digress what I would like to know is were I could get a tail tidy from as I dont want the original one that is fitted to the bike. Hope you guys can help me. I will keep you posted as to the outcome of the bike Confused
glened

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: DB10 Still not running Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the correct way to keep you all posted of recent events with my local dealers efforts to repair the fault with a brand new bike.. They have with the assistance of Bimota techs now confirmed that the problem lies with the ECU. We are awaiting Bimota to send a new one, it has been on it's way for over a week!! I have a long weekend booked for next week which I would kike to get to know my new bike. I am in the hands of Bimota at the moment, I purchased the bike 5 weeks ago and as yet have not ridden it. I would have normally walked away from this deal, however there is nothing else in todays motorcycle models that I want to own/ride. Again I will keep you appraised Confused
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glened, and welcome to the Forum....You will see from my "location" that I am perhaps very near to your bike...and have also neen trying to assist them in the getting it going.....One thing I will say about the dealers (especially the tech dept) is that they will sort it, but with Bimota and to that fact "anything Italian" deliveries and time is always an issue sent to try us...

Knowing the bike and what it cost them from the UK dealer/importer I can tell you you've bought it under what it cost them if thats any consolation....tail Tidies....I'll search and find a link as theres one that is made of billet and serves the Db5 and Db6 just as well with their underseat exhausts...next time I'm down at DM I'll see if the fitting would suit the bike...Be patient, I'm sure it will be a hoot...at least the Decibel killers simply are removed with one screw on each can with that bike so making it sound like it should will be easy without the expense of new end cans...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one may do...I'll check next time I'm down there, the Db1 in there is mine.....nothing wrong with Bimotas once they are working, that is untill they break again...teehee...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321121820778?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: