Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota fairing, clocks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SB6R Fairing/clocks Reply with quote

Jonny B Bad wrote:

Cheaper alternative is to try and reinforce the connecting points. I'm giving that a go at the moment with fibreglass. I'll post again, once I've had a chance to ride it again a bit, as to whether this cures its tendency to self-destruct.

If your capable of using fiberglass, your capable of using carbon fibre to re-inforce it:wink:
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: SB6R Fairing Reply with quote

All done now, with the fairing back on. It's really strengthened it up, so it should stop the rot. Main problem is probably mechanics used to working on Jap bikes tighten the fasteners up too tight. These aren't bikes ideally suited to the trade for spannering purposes.

One firm I talked to said they could cover the original faring with a veneer of carbon fibre. But I thought that if they made a good job of it, it would look a bit pseudo and if they made a b****x of it my fairing would be wrecked.

The reinforcement I've done is solely on the side of the fairing you can't see. At some point I'll do a proper plastic repair to the cracks on the outer face, but for the time being it'll stop the existing cracks getting any worse. Doing a plastic repair on its own and then re-painting is a waste of time and money 'cause it'll only crack again and particularly where the middle fairing is screwed to the headlight fairing there's a danger that the bit around the rubber nut on the mid fairing breaks off and then you've got to re-make it or you've lost that fixing point altogether.

I can understand the journos at the time who said that if you've paid £16k for a bike you shouldn't need to muck about with stuff like this. Conversely, I guess the small volume manufacturer invariably gets to a point where he's got to say "that'll do - should hang together long enough to get through the warranty period".
oily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: SB6R Clocks Reply with quote

Jonny B Bad wrote:
H.G. Brunner Ltd 01732 873715 Product Code: X25-168. You need 2 of them for each set of clocks. These people would only sell me a box of 10, which came out at £100. Either gives you a good few spares, or could be spread across other SB6R owners. I think this is an upgrade to the original motor so, as usual, fingers crossed that this one is more robust.

JBB, did you buy a box of 10?
Looks like I might be needing new stepper motors Crying or Very sad
oily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimota fairing, clocks. Reply with quote

2OR4STROKES wrote:
Hi guys

I am a new Sb6r owner and have no idea where to find stuff for this bike. My speedo is not working and have no idea whether it is the wheel sensor or others. I know there is a sensor on the lower fork leg but is there a magnet or something on the wheel as well. My mechanic says it is reading off the steel fasteners on the disc and disc holder. Can someone help??

Where can I find the complete fairing for the sb6r. My bike has a carbon tail and the rest is plastic . Is that correct?

2/4strokes

2OR4STROKES, did you ever sort your speedo problem as it looks like I may have developed the same disease Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: