Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB11 owners manual?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
who

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: YB11 owners manual? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I've purchased a pranged YB11 that I'm going to turn into a track bike. I'm wondering if any one has an electronic or PDF owners manual, or maintenance manual that will give me some insight as to how diagnose error codes etc.

I would love to know how many km it has done, but until I clear the error codes etc i will never know. Looking at the foot-peg rubbers I would say under 5000 km. Would be nice to know, and to understand the elect. protocol. Cheers,
Ralph
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ralph
I've an electronic copy of the manual if you want one. I'll need a decent email to send it tp. I don't think it will have the sort of detail you want regarding the error codes and is quite generic as are most Bim handbooks. I replaced my clock with a SPA unit a few years ago when the Bim one packed in.
Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similarly I have electronic versions of the Workshop manual, which is what I think BimotaNige is on about...fine for stripping bike down, but error codes? again, methinks not...could be sent via Wetransfer website that allows you to download the upload, just would need a private email address to send the "invite" to..
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Thunderace forums have a lot on the engines mate.
I use the engine now so have some .pdf information engine and electronics but not on the YB11.
The newer 4D igniter will spit out codes and you can easily locate them online.
You use the Rev counter to read the codes and to set the TPS.
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May help - out of the service and owners manuals.
Pud

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I'm not being too cheeky but I could do with a copy of the workshop manual myself - it will provide loads of reasons (excuses) why the Bim needs to be in the house this winter!

Cheers
who

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys... I must of missed the notification reply? I would love a copy of a manual, the loom doesn't look yamaha? Did bimota make their own loom for the YB11?

Out of interest what size is the PDF mait. manual? I would love copies for the Tuatara, and YB6-8 also Cool

I'm happy to pay for anyone who wants to copy to a DVD and mail to me here in Australia.

Also, lol, does anyone have a photo of what the radiator mounts to on the YB8, must be the engine somehow? No holes or mounting points in the frame like the YB11 Confused

bimotabob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Furano Bimota made two brackets that hold the stock Yamaha radiator.
The only mod i see to be done besides making brackets to hold the top and bottom is to put threaded inserts into the engine casting.
I just put long bolts through and nyloc nuts on my new engine and saved the fuss.

No idea about the YB11 but would be keen to see photos Smile
who

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take some photos Bob. I've got (YB6 black engine) YB8, YB8 Furano and YB11 frames here Rolling Eyes

I just didn't want to go drilling holes in this YB8 and fitting riv-nuts when there has to be a way? I've got a hand made 40mm core cooler for this, so mounting points can be added to it without problem.

2bims

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi "Who" and "pud"....if you click "PM" on either mine or BimotaNiges posts under this thread and provide your email address, then either of us can email you the YB11 Workshop Manual....even if its too "big" for your email account I'd still need your email address and can upload the manual to a FileShare website and send a link direct to your email addie, then you would simply click and download straight to your hard drive...
who

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi "Who" and "pud"....if you click "PM" on either mine or BimotaNiges posts under this thread and provide your email address, then either of us can email you the YB11 Workshop Manual....even if its too "big" for your email account I'd still need your email address and can upload the manual to a FileShare website and send a link direct to your email addie, then you would simply click and download straight to your hard drive...

That would be absolutely sensational! Thanks Cool Pm'ing as i type? Smile
who

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thanks to 2bims for going to the trouble of sending me the YB11 manual... And to Bob for posting up the info on codes.

With the new knowledge and info, I might be able to use the YB11 ECU in the YB8 race bike I'm building up. I was thinking of using an ignitech race ecu, but think I will now muck around with the bimota set up.

Cheers,
Ralph
bimotabob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those ignitech units sound good, i run injection but bimota still used the Yamaha EXUP system and it runs off the igniter so the EXUP controller from ignitech looks really mint.
Full control Smile

The thunderace ignition is a step forward over the older FZR1000 igniters though with gear and throttle inputs.
I know they claimed 10hp more midrange stock but not sure if it was true.
who

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotabob wrote:
I know they claimed 10hp more midrange stock but not sure if it was true.

The Ace engine has different outside inlet manifolds that allow a straighter fuel shot to the outside cylinders. It's said to be worth 6 rwhp, plus the cams are upgraded to light weight YZF750. The 38 mm R1 style CV's help also. All that combined would add up to an easy 10 rw.

Bob here is the YB11 frame compared to the YB8. You can see the threaded bosses that are welded into lower cord of the frame. Angle brackets attach to the bosses and the radiator hangs off those. There is the normal lower engine mount chrome-molly structure that the lower 1/2 of the radiator is supported by. The YB8 frame has no holes bottom side or anywhere that i can see. It must be a bimota secret. Laughing

GregB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: YB11 Manuals. Including RSU51 suspension Reply with quote

Here's a link to a Google Docsxfolder with all I have.
Page by page jpg files as well as full PDFs
If anyone has details on the rear Paioli Suspension package I would appreciate it

Cheers

https://drive.google.com/m?parent=0B9xaBPuWLqBuZmx4UDlNWjNiQWc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: