Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Ignitech (STPS) Programable servo controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimotabob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Ignitech (STPS) Programable servo controller Reply with quote

Hi people,

Can anyone advise whether these servo controllers work okay with the YB series EXUP servo's please?

I brought one after being told they will work and even got wire colour from the stock servo from ignitech.

I'm an auto sparky so wiring was no problem but seems like its mechanically incompatible with stock cables and pulleys and valve opening limits.

So can like program it with the laptop and watch it work when the bike revved up etc as - long as the cables are off the servo.

It seems to want to do an auto cycle when the key is turned on - both ways before stopping at the preset position.

The issue i can see is that it spins the servo a lot more than the valve moves.

So like the valve moves say 180% open to close.
And the servo pre run cycle is more than 360%

Just approx figures but you get the drift.

What happens is after it tries each way yanking against tight cables it turns off and the software servo reading goes red and it wont work without a reset.
Like a current overload sensing disablement.

Any help would be awesome as cant get hold of ignitech so far and want to use the bike - with a working exup obviously.

Kind regards
Jason
who

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason, I've been wanting to run ignitech ignitions on my race bikes for some time now. I think for the money they are exceptional value in terms of what the will do. I know you are probably all over it being an electrical person.

Are there not parameters within the software that adjust the servo travel? I know language is a bit of a barrier with the owners, but they always seem helpful. I'm sure there is an answer, I just don't know what it is...lol.

So that was a waste of two paragraphs Embarassed

Can you keep us posted on your progress, as I for one are very interested. What sort of advance are you going to run? There is a post and map on the exup world wide forum in the YZF750 section. I've got maps for most of the FZR YZF series including the YZF750 SP which runs ridiculous amounts of advance.

Keep us posted on this please? Cheers,
Ralph
bimotabob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Yes i plan to make the details all available as there is a real lack of info on the net about this sort of thing.

The ignitech people sent me the controller and wiring info for my 1989 W colour codes which was helpful.
Plus the sent a disk with the manual and software.

Unfortunately the STPS controller just controls the exhaust servo and not the ignition as i understand it thats what your meaning.
I'm sure their adjustable ignition units are pretty good as i know someone running one on his bucket racer.
You can set launch control, max rpm and air shifting etc.

I just got sent a .ign file from ignitech so i will program it this eve and see how it works.

I found a you tube video which a guy revving his FZR1000 out with a multimeter attached to the servo output so i know what voltage its normal factory openings match what RPM.
who

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, okay I thought you might have gone with ecu with injection control as well. Still interested in how you sort it. Cheers. Very Happy
bimotabob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Ignitech sent me a servo control file for the FZR1000 which was nice of them.

Now it seems to work properly so was just a settings issue after all.
Looks to me like i had the rotational data incorrectly programmed.

The factory set-up doesn't use a great day of the servo's capability either.
i.e. it can turn a lot more degrees with stock pulley ratio.

Very happy it is working.

Is this about where people have the servo at rest?
I heard its normal to advance it from factory closed position to increase bottom end torque.

My Furano already runs EFI so its about the only thing it needed, now i removed the stock igniter and a ceramic resistor completely.

Have also wired the EXUP controller to use my throttle position sensor output so with some dyno work should improve the way it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: