Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8R For Sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
discodan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: SB8R For Sale Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone has seen this. It's in Doncaster and is up for £7995 from a dealer. Is it a fair price?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikesforsale/searchresults/detail/?R=NXGN-1988467&mfy=
oily

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello discodan and welcome to the forum
As for the SB8, If your looking for one, then yes, I think it is a fair price.
Where could you find another Laughing
Let's have a picture/s of your bike/s Wink
We love pictures Laughing
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Difficult to know with that one as it has been chopped around. The headlight is obvious but not sure what else (if anything) has been changed.

All the best

Keith
madasfook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ask geekay as i think he went and saw it before buying mine , that bike has been for sale for over a year ! and with all the carbon painted Shocked thats a worry also the price is to high for a messed about bike .
you have to ask yourself why sombody would would change the lights and clocks and paint the carbon , to hide crash damage Shocked .
this a bike to avoid keep looking you will find a better one
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as John says , I went to view this bike last June. It has a GSXR1000 headlamp unit grafted into the fairing (and very well done it is, too) + GSXR1000 clocks (therefore total mileage is "unknown"). It has also been re-painted at some time, certainly on the left bellypan as the striping doesn't align correctly. Plus point is the Arrow exhaust system - looks far better than the standard system - but overall, I'm glad I didn't buy it.
Premier are selling it on behalf of a customer, and wouldn't allow me to talk to him direct - I had to ask them a question, for them to ask him, for him to reply so they could tell me..........I soon got bored of that , too!

On another note - I too thought the bike looked wrong because of the painted nose cone. But I now have in my possession 2 original Bimota SB8R brochures - one has a carbon nose cone, the other is painted red - maybe some bikes did leave the factory with a "red nose"??
kb11110cc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All
I brought this bike in from Holland when i owned a SB8R,
i t had a few goodies fitted which i wanted for my bike and as it came with the standard spares it was a good deal.
The bike itself was used as an occasional race bike on tracks in Holland and Belgium. Didnt really have a hard life, based imho on its appearance.

It was in good order when i got it. I sold it on shortly aftewr and then the mods where done pretty much to the new owners taste. All work was done to a very good standard.

There is nothing wrong with the bike it just looks a bit different and to some this may be a good thing. I mean if we all wanted to look the same we would could just by a Jap bike.

Carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: