Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

KB1 rear light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
repsolmark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: KB1 rear light Reply with quote

Gents just got back on line and have a question for you if I may . The seat unit I have was a replica and came with no rear light or fixings , could any of you advise with pictures what the rear light is from and would you have any close ups so I can see what I need to do.
Also if anyone has pictures of the wiring and a close up of the coil brkt mine is not the same as the ones in the parts manual
Just sorted the electrics which were a mess so at least it now runs and Christ its throaty even with the standard silencer.
Hope someone can help.
Regards
Mark
Current projects the new KB1 as its not as pristine as I was told before buying LOL. Midway into Fritz Egli Honda, CR Rickman Kawasaki still sat on the bench and an F1 Harris Honda which has some interesting racing history.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark
like yours I've take mine apart as I found a couple of bodges I didn't like. I'll sort out some pics of the rear light - only 3 wires go to it and the last owner managed to wire those wrongly! Just for interest do most of the aluminium parts have a circular "bimota patent" logo about 1cm across stamped into them on your bike. does yours have a pipe from the rear engine breather, if so where does it go to?
crankcase

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mark
the rear light was used on lots of Moto Guzzis and Benellis as in later Mk 1 and all Mk 2 Le mans.

Armin has the coil bracket listed:

1 500 004 589 Rahmenverstärkung (Zündspulenhalter) unter Tank 60,00 €

click Ersatzteile on the left side then choose KB1

but there doesn't look to be stock !
worth an email- he can do English.

I'm sure the wiring loom is from the doner Kawasaki if you need to replace it.

all the best
Ian
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rear light is very similar to my DB2 light from first look. The wiring loom is a bit trickier as mine is very messy -it depends on the year and whether you have a factory built bike or a kit. My donor engine is from a 1980 K1000A3 model but the wiring does not match that model according to the Kawasaki manual
repsolmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Rear light Reply with quote

To both of you, many thanks for taking the time to respond.
To Bimotanige I will check if I have the breather pipe and get pics, I will also check the logo thing as well but I'm pretty sure there are numerous items stamped or machined into the ally. It has an ally tank ,goldline Brembos and the six spoke wheels.
Crankcase (Ian) If you can get any pictures that would be great ,then I can check this light unit as per your advice.
The coil bracket I could get re manufactured if I had a donor or drawings with dimensions. I have access to our sheet metalwork and powder coating sister company down stairs, which is handy at times.
Thanks again to you both and my email if its easier is kerimarkh@hotmail.com
Regards
Mark
Current projects the new KB1 as its not as pristine as I was told before buying LOL. Midway into Fritz Egli Honda, CR Rickman Kawasaki still sat on the bench and an F1 Harris Honda which has some interesting racing history.
crankcase

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Mark,
here's an ebay

http://www.google.de/imgres?sa=X&biw=1366&bih=624&tbm=isch&tbnid=75-ijLa0pg1cqM%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fbhp%2Fbenelli-sei&docid=j3ec4BTIkaKX_M&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F00%2Fs%2FMTIwMFgxNjAw%2Fz%2FvqcAAMXQAEFSFGo~%2F%2524T2eC16V%2C!%298E9s4l7%2CpjBSFGo-0Htw~~60_35.JPG%253Fset_id%253D8800005007&w=300&h=225&ei=xk_WUoHxA4WyywOUoYHQAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=426&page=4&start=71&ndsp=26&ved=0CIADEK0DMGA

you only need the lens and internals though, you can surely find a cheaper one as well.

this is the rear light that I have seen on standard KB1s

all the best
Ian
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully upload a few pics of mine later, and the coil mount
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics of the rear light unit - there is a CEV number on the rear mounting. Note the inner skin shape in the underseat view. The space for the three connectors to fit is built into the middle

coil bracket

2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys...I have just fitted one of those very lights....same dimensions and outer body that you throw away to my 900SS restoration, to fit a single seat unit bike....slimmer version than the standard ducati item...is identical

Here it is and cheaper than the Guzzi item

http://www.ducati-kaemna.com/catalog/ducati/seats-seatbodys-and-seatcovers/schmales-ruecklicht-fuer-dk-mono-hoecker.html#!prettyPhoto

Small tail light for DK mono seats

Brand

See other products by PureTEC

Delivery Time: on request

Excl. Tax:€58.74 Incl. Tax:€69.90
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> KB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: