Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 2 Tips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Tesi 2 Tips Reply with quote

I think it's great that there is one place in the world a TESI 2 owner can talk to the other owners. I thought it might be interesting if we traded information we've learned about our bikes. I'll start with one of the things I've had positive results with. Mine is a Vyrus 984 with the 1200cc NCR race engine. It has the under engine exhaust because it seemed the logical place to lower the weight. I wanted the larger NCR oil cooler to help keep the engine temp lower. The NCR oil cooler would not fit because the stock muffler was to long. I found the Termignoni titanium single muffler for the Hypermottard (p/n 96451608B) was perfect. It weighed half of what the Leo Vance weighed. I sent it to a machine shop with the old muffler and ask them to match the tip and to enlarge the inlet pipe 2mm. While I had it off, I knocked out the Catalytic converter in the header pipe a few inches in from the muffler. I didn't change the Mapping, and hoped for the best. The power increase was major. Now it really rips! Plus the sound is much deeper. Perfect throttle response; I couldn't ask for better. Now the NCR oil cooler has clearance. You might also notice the billet sliders near the Oil Cooler. I was sworn to secrecy about where I got them. If you have a Tesi 2 in California, I'll tell you how to get them.

MV Agusta 312 Corse
Ducati MH900e Carbon Dream
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice mate. I like the paint job too
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm , that does look good, but I think the NCR 1200 motor probably did more for the power upgrade rather than removing the cat. That motor must have cost nearly as much as the bike Wink but I guess worth every penny .
Tuna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: TESI 2 Reply with quote

I did the muffler after the NCR engine was in the bike. I ordered the bike with the NCR engine. The titanium muffler & cat thing are their own zip. The compression is 14.5 to 1. I could bairly start it when it was new. I tried 2 gauge low resistance wire from the battery to the starter, but no help. Then I tried a 999 starter with a lithium battery with 400 CCA. It is much better now. Plus the battery weighs a fraction of the original. 6lb of high up weight gone.
I don't know if you have VP Race Gas, but I bought 10 gal of C44 and it really added a nice punch. In 100 mph fast sweapers, it hits hard with C44. I've always run leaded Race Gas, but the C44 is in another league.
I was hopeing to hear from other Tesi 2 owners with ideas to share. I had one guy in Dallas who contacted me to say he went to Rimini and ordered a 985. Then he realized there was no official way to import the bike. U.S. Customs will sieze the bike and not give them back; if you don't import it correctly. Customs has had 2 Vyrus for over 1.5 years. They may have crushed them by now. There is a way to get them in, but I can't talk about it here.

MV Agusta 312 Corse
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody 'ell , crush a vyrus ???? You are joking right ???? Shocked Shocked

I have a better solution , send them back to good old blighty and I will give them a very good home Very Happy Very Happy In fact I will even pay for them to be shipped !!! I'm nice like that.

Sorry I am not a fellow owner, but would love to be one, a vyrus is on the list, and the list is getting shorter Laughing

Oh, nice disc's
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
and the list is getting shorter Laughing

I have a long list too, unfortunately it's a lot longer than my bank balance Crying or Very sad
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Hartwig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought about going for a vyrus but there is only one dealer in Germany and he did not make an real offer to me ... so I decided to look for an Original Tesi2d and found one in Italy which arrived end of last year. I am still thinking if it make sense to drive it our keep it as an collector bike ... but waht I can say so far it looks in reality really strange Smile in a positive way! Hartwig
Tuna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Weekend projects Reply with quote

I decided to mount up slicks for some track days at Laguna Seca. There is a great event on May 3 & 4 at the Quail Lodge in Carmel. The Legends of the Motorcycle. They have a very fast road ride on Friday morning on the back roads around Laguna Seca with about 200 riders. It's lead by the CHP and you're hard pressed to keep up. Then they stop for lunch at the Cork Screw, followed by hot laps on the track. It's always a beautiful spring day.
While I had the wheels off I decided to replace all the wheel and suspension bearings. Mine has Marvic wheels, so the sizes only count on them. The rear has 3 bearings. Two are size 6006 and one is 6206. I put ceramic sealed bearings in. The ring nut that holds the 6006 is a reverse thread. The tool is hard to find. I got one that worked from Motion Pro. It's for a Honda. I wrapped tape around the tool to make it fit tight into the hub.
The big front wheel bearings are 100mm x 125mm x 13mm. Two of them. The original we're not sealed and had a lot of rust in them. I got sealed SKF bearings for them. There are other bearings on the axle and Ill report on them next.
MV Agusta 312 Corse
Tuna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Tesi 2 Reply with quote

It's winter and it seems like I'm having a conversation with myself. I knew there weren't very many Vyrus in the world, but I thought there might be a few that were actually ridden. Most of the U.S. is digging out from a huge snow storm & the only thing on TV is the Winter Olympics. I've reached my quota on Figure Skating. I'm good for another 20 years or so. I took the Vyrus out for a spin today and it was running great. A cool overcast day with dry roads. There is a new clover leaf on ramp near my house. The pavement has excellent grip and has a good deal of banking. I had the slicks on the bike, so I thought I would scuff off the Chicken strips once and for all. When I picked the bike up in Rimini, it seemed like every Vyrus there had tires that were shredded to beyond the edge. The new on ramp was a easy way for me to join the club and I really turned the wick up. I got home and casually glanced down at my bad ass racing slicks. Starring back at me were the same 2 inch chicken strips I started with. It sort of reminds me of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon.
Bullwinkle: "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"
Rocky: "Again?"
Bullwinkle: "Nothing up my sleeve" (Rocky pops out of the hat.) "Oops, wrong hat"
Rocky: "I think it says it in the hat!"
I HATE WINTER.
MV Agusta 312 Corse
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try leaning your body the wrong way! Keep yourself vertical and the bike will have to lean over farther!
Good luck and keep the hard parts off of the tarmac!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Tesi All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: