Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SiBag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Manchester Bike Show Reply with quote

Hay you lot.
Are you doing a stand at the Manchester Bike show again this year.
They must have asked you back after last years turn out ?

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Si...how you doing? Presume you still have the pschyodelic sprayed SB6?

Heres the post for this years show

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3336&start=0

They didnt ask us back persay....but we did apply and they said yes so more than welcome if youre not on the modified Suzuki stand again. Can understand them not asking as they evidently would prefer to sell stands rather than giving away free ones to Club members to show their bikes...but they seem happy to have us on board again...same usual suspects on board as previous year and one newbie offering also....
SiBag

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Yes I still have my subtly painted SB6 (still with poorly gearbox)
Hoping to get my Harris in some form of presentable state for the OldSkoolSuzuki stand this year (I’m going to be a busy boy)

Si..

If its got Ti#s or Wheels its gona give you trouble
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you know Sibag....they dont need to be running to put them on a stand.......but evidently it helps if you intended riding it there......Just got the confirmation through the post today of the Bimota stand being booked in...bike set up day is the friday...so no real cut off as they dont ask what bikes you are putting on the stand...all welcome...theres also an early role it on on the saturday morning for any late comers...before 9.00am when the doors open to the public

Whats up with your gearbox then? Or is it clutch related?
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmm....just over 2 months untl the next Manchester show and Outing for the Bimota Boys to get together....I wonder how much this lot charge for their services??? All contributions welcome.......... Laughing

http://grid-girls.co.uk/GridGirls/?portfoliocpt=northern-based
Vince186

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hhmmmm....just over 2 months untl the next Manchester show and Outing for the Bimota Boys to get together....I wonder how much this lot charge for their services??? All contributions welcome.......... Laughing

http://grid-girls.co.uk/GridGirls/?portfoliocpt=northern-based

What kind of services do they provide Question
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handing out flyers....making coffee hopefully...sitting on beaitiful Bimotas looking better than their owners ever do on them...wearing skin tight lycra...who knows what other services...depends how deep your pockets are I suppose............. Shocked
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...wearing skin tight lycra:

Say no more... sign em up!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Vince186

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Handing out flyers....making coffee hopefully...sitting on beaitiful Bimotas looking better than their owners ever do on them...wearing skin tight lycra...who knows what other services...depends how deep your pockets are I suppose............. Shocked

Very tempting to visit the bike show Very Happy
Norbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be there with my V due
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norbo...it will be good to see your tuned and modded and stock 2-strokes again.....and theres a good chance you'll have twice the space allocated as currently shown.......We were back to back to you...but have since been moved...although not guaranteed......they had space in Zone 1 they wanted to fill...so they've provisionally moved us....but nothings guaranteed...I think they moved us 3 times last year before the day...

A few changes to our line-up this year for variety...hopefully all showing up weather and time dependant.....
Norbo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes mate always like to see then Bims . Goldwing will win again of course they have an excellent stand. Even if we get offed more space our flooring will dictate how big we can go any way and it can start to look a bit sparse if you get to big and not enough bikes to fill it . But im really looking forward to it . its always a good to do a show and talk bikes with like mined people .
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...them goldwong boys have got a small football pitch for their stand again...and in the same position........must be paying I suppose...mammoth effort with elevated stage...lighting rig etc etc.....too rich for us Bim boys........we have to save our pennys for when some elusive rocking horse droppings part fails on the bikes...and we have to scan the Globe for eternity to find the one remaining spare part available

Dont begurdge the Goldwing fellows...but heck...it is just one bike really...repeated in many colours...with many chrome additions/Fridges, microwaves etc etc....only real variety is when they turn one into a trike...either way not my bag...but each to their own.........
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good show today. 3 Vdues as well as the rest. piccis of bikes n birds tomorrow Smile Smile
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how I envy you guys!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: