Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

17 Bike Bimota Fest at the Manchester Bike Show - March 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="2bims
Classy shots as always Lammie.........cheers....and a nice "bribery and corruption" picture of Vort chatting to a young lady....maybe now I have leverage to extort a carbon fibre gear rod for my V-due...... Laughing[/quote]

Don't think that is worth a carbon rod 2bims. Thought you said you had the nipple tweaking shot !! Very Happy Shocked

Please , no CARBON ROD jokes !!!!! Embarassed
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and before you lot ask, I do know were the teddy is !!!

And it will be up for auction soon !!!! Very Happy

No , joking I am !!! I AM NEVER LETTING IT GO!!!!!!!!
Reggiebusa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What girls. I was looking at the Santa Monica. Lovely.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
it was great to see you alll...and "admin" at long last we met....thanks for keeping the site running and keeping us all together in "Bimota World"

Yes, I really exist!. Good stand you all put on

All the best

Keith
brian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
brian wrote:
2bims wrote:

Who does this little beauty belong to Question Exclamation

I think the same person owns the vdue motor as owns the SB6 Brian.

I will have a word with him for you if you wish !!!! Rolling Eyes Shocked Very Happy

Haa, I susspected as much. He a lucky devil to have such nice art work to display in the living room. Yes please have a word with him about the sb6 mate. Hopefully there will be an sb6 there next year.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see what I can do Brian, I will have a stern word for you.
All depends IF we do it again.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggiebusa wrote:

I am glad someone was, has to be said the vdues got the most attention. Only spoke to one bloke that was struggling to get his camera out without dropping it when he saw Santa.

Highlight of the day , has to be said, other than the girls, was an old boy that walked over to the 4 of us , and said something along the lines of " Don't know who you are but THANKYOU for letting us see motorcycles like this " .
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...he was a wonderful old bloke...assumed in his seventies...........that thanked us and shook our hands...as he had said that never in his lifetime did he expect to have seen so many Bimotas all together at once....a resounding comment for anyone to make...but given his age it made it even more profound..........

I recalled that I had met the bloke previously up at Rivington Barn last year...when out on the DB5R.......He spent a good half hour chatting to me about Bimota...happy to know they are still around as a company...meanwhile his son and daughter -in-law were stood patiently by waiting for him to finish reminiscing......and upon his nostalgic moment ending....said old man turned to his son and said " You know what son....when you offered to take me out for Sunday Lunch, I wasnt looking forward to it...but now that I've met this man and his Bimota...its all been worthwhile...so thanks for bringing me out,...."

The look on his sons face was priceless......needless to say...the old fellow and his wife came to the show by themselves...without said son in tow........ Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Reggiebusa wrote:

an old boy that walked over to the 4 of us , and said something along the lines of " Don't know who you are but THANKYOU for letting us see motorcycles like this " .

That's exactly the reason you guys need to do this again next year!

Quote: With great power comes great responsability Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Frank.61

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2Bims,

Hard to tell was it not for the beard Laughing
same eye colour though Wink

Looked great (Bikes and the girls), is it Nige I see on some pics (with the black T-shirt)?
Assume it's his KB1 I see Razz

Can't wait to see more pics of it on his topic.

Frank
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank.......yes its BimotaNige with the black Bimota T-shirt and no hair...and his KB1, his SB, a Vdue and BB1.....Vort is on there also chatting to the babe with the red hair and GeeKay is on there....white T-shirt...occassionally re-arranging the stand....was a good weekend
Frank.61

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2Bims,

Knew his other bikes, just hadn't seen his latest restoration finished!
Beautifull ........ liked the girl even more (the one with your eyes Wink ).
Beginning to understand why Nige was there Very Happy

Frank Embarassed
CNC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... the girl is happier than familiar man standing next to her:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/stehard/media/DSC05242_zpse4c3d3de.jpg.html

She must do something naughty with her hands... Laughing

Excellent display guys!!! I wish I could see those beautiful bikes from close...
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those principal insurance girls are smoking hot.

Your videos are nice 2bims. Gives you more of a feel for how the stand was set up. Was very quiet though, i'm assuming they were done before opening time.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insurance girls were at the front door and voted best in town so I had to ask them to come and sit on the bikes......they wanted paying in sweeties but we had none on the stand so I had the task of taking them to the sweetie counter to buy fudge.....first time Iv ever paid for favours in fudge for sure......

Yeh...videos and most pictures taken before the doors were open...and before the organisers turned the lights up fully.......It was a hectic 2 days....made more so because we were put on the first line of exhibitors right up there with Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda...with Ducati, MVAgusta and Ducati a couple of rows back.......we all had to remember to keep drinking as you get quite hoarse talking Bimota for 8 hours in a row 2 days running...They gave us an L shaped stand of 108m2 in total...jeepers.....so we made 2 lines on a diagonal...with others extending back...all lined up so tanks and wheels matched etc....difficult to take in in one camera shot as the front line was 12m long...there was sufficient space for people to crowd round and view the bikes from all angles...we had 2 chaps we thought had collapsed as they spent 20 minutes under one bike spinning the back wheel...you get all sorts down there.........And you have to keep a constant attendance...not just for questions but to stop shiney bits going missing.......I'd say of all the folk I talked to...8/10 thought we were a dealers stand and couldnt believe some of the bikes were 10, 20 or 30 years old.....so timeless the pieces are ......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: