Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 mk2 , Germany
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
O_Roger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: SB6 mk2 , Germany Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for a SB6 mk2 red-white-carbon in Germany.

Preferably with less then 30.000 km and good condition.
No falling over or accidents and not in need of any bigger service etc.

I'm currently without a bike so I'm not looking for the deal of a lifetime,
I'll pay a fair price, fair not fantasy Wink

Stock, super low mileage and collectors-mint is nothing i value, it should just be well looked after, working and with accident free frame & bodywork. Although i intend on tuning it myself, the right parts are welcome.

Many thanks and please don't let me wait to long. Razz
O_Roger

Last edited by O_Roger on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vince186

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
I think it’s not that difficult to find a SB6 (good choice) in Germany. There are a few on mobile.de
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I could afford to sell mine Very Happy
O_Roger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i checked one out yesterday, unfortunately the wrong color and an mk1 but it was good seeing one in person. Now I'm sure that i want one!

It had a surprisingly low seat hight and it was a bit smaller then i imagined, but at 1,75m (5"9') that is ok.
I couldn't test it extensively but it made a good impression, the engine was strong yet felt a bit restraint. To me this bike did not feel outdated.

I would value this forums experts opinion on how a well tuned SB6, nothing too fancy, would compare to a modern superbike.

Some nice appraisal would help threw this endless weighting.
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sb6 definitely is quite small. Suits me to a tee as I'm 5'3". Seems the size of a modern 600 but certainly packs a punch. Performance would not match any of the late model litre class weapons of today but the beauty of the milled billet ally more than makes up for that in my mind. For a 20 year old bike it has style that will never look old.

Just find one and buy it Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems nice...low mileage...says some storage damage and no TUV ....but seems to come from a good home as in the picture theres also a YB11, DB2FE and SB8R..........

http://suchen.mobile.de/motorrad-inserat/bimota-sb6-thurmansbang/191617124.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=3&scopeId=MB&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorbike&segment=Motorbike&negativeFeatures=EXPORT
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a Mk1 though.

It's a difficult comparison to make betwwen the SB6and modern bikes. The 6 was all the available tech on an old engine and is compromised because of it. It has vertical cylinders which put the carbs under the tank and the airbox behind them. The frame has to wrap around the cylinders making the tank quite wide, and it drops to the swingarm pivot not on a line with the rear axle. It's a nice bike to ride though, low and stretched out your much more a part of it (especially if you drop the bars down the forks). The saddle is sloped forwards you'll hurt your nuts in town, but when you open the throttle it all makes sense you don't slide backwards, oh and it's a bit "firm" too. The suspension needs to be set up, then you get a taught feeling, firm but supple. The engine is linea, not peaky no powerbanding, it's happy enough and most revs (but not 4k). The underseat pipes can heat the seat, to the point you need to stand on the pegs, but have them coated and it's a lot better.

Last edited by Evilchicken0 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
brian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, mark I. But really there's very little difference other than minor stuff. If I was looking for one I wouldn't care if it was mark I or mark II. If it's been well looked after I'd snap it up, looks like a good price? And as 2bims says... looks like it's coming from a good home, it's in very good company.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
O_Roger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow mark1 would bug me, and that one is too "clean" for my cause.Wink
And between 1-2k more expensive then the rest, with that money i could do a lot.

I even thought of repainting one but I'll do better just waiting this out. Cool
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mk1 or MK11 , as Brian said, does it really make alot of difference, however the white/red/carbon colour is mainly a MK1 colour not a MK11, although with everything Bimota there is never a true cut off date.
I would look for condition/colour etc before getting hung up on a few frame tweaks and different clocks and wheels, both of which can be argued to be better or worse.
husson73

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the price was right specially if the mileage is the real one Wink
O_Roger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the clocks are a big deal, if it were only that I'd try to get some markII gauges, i assume they are almost plug&play.
But i also had the feeling the one i checked out could use slightly bigger headlights, even if they are just a tad bit bigger.
I read its recommended to reinforce the markI's body at the bottom.
And lastly I'm probably ditching the wheels anyway.

What I'm trying to say, its a lot less trouble to just get an markII and to get the markI steering head if needed, then to go the other way around.

I'm sorry i know you're trying to help but I'm a bit difficult when i set my mined, unless i fined an offer i can't refuse. Rolling Eyes

@husson73
The price might be really good for its condition and millage, a collector can have fun staring at it ^_^ a week in my hands and it looks like the rest. Besides who treats a Bimota poorly anyways.
My English is rusted, so no one feel offended, mkay.
vort28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sb6 is a Mk1 with mechanical clocks, but I know the electronic clocks on the YB11's are very fragile and near impossible to fix, does'nt the MK11 sb6 use the same clocks as the YB11.
The headlight size varies between markets UK/Europe etc, and never come across anyone that says any of them are any good to be honest. Best option is to replace with newer units and better bulbs.

Bodywork cracks on a 16-18yr old bike are going to be down to previous owners mis-handling . SB6 fairings are not the easiest to remove, requiring flexing of the lower joint to get pass the front wheel. All depends how often and how forcibly it has been removed.

But which ever you buy the 6 is a good bike , and on a track may get out gunned by a modern bike but in the real world country lane race track the simple roll on of throttle and the endless torque will make it hard for anyone to shake lose.

Summer is coming so the clock is ticking.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_Roger wrote:
To me the clocks are a big deal, if it were only that I'd try to get some markII gauges, i assume they are almost plug&play.
But i also had the feeling the one i checked out could use slightly bigger headlights, even if they are just a tad bit bigger.
I read its recommended to reinforce the markI's body at the bottom.
And lastly I'm probably ditching the wheels anyway.

What I'm trying to say, its a lot less trouble to just get an markII and to get the markI steering head if needed, then to go the other way around.

I'm sorry i know you're trying to help but I'm a bit difficult when i set my mined, unless i fined an offer i can't refuse. Rolling Eyes

@husson73
The price might be really good for its condition and millage, a collector can have fun staring at it ^_^ a week in my hands and it looks like the rest. Besides who treats a Bimota poorly anyways.
My English is rusted, so no one feel offended, mkay.

I always wondered whether being single minded, particular and elitest came from Bimota ownership, or was there before Bimota ownership and thus you had to have a Bimota because of such a mind set........Happy to see that it is always something that is there before buying a Bimota, being picky and single track minded, wanting exactly what you want and nothing else....Certainly Bimota ownership will suit you fine..... Laughing
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real elitists bought Hondas then moved onto Ducati Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: