Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another DB9 for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Another DB9 for sale Reply with quote

DMC have another DB9 for sale.
Just a bus .....you wait for ever then 2 turn up......Jeez.
They are advertising it as the ONLY one available for sale!
When I picked mine up there was another one just waiting for the centre stage. it has only 1200 or so miles on the clock and some heavy duty aftermarket levers and mirrors.... priced at a midges dick under 19K it is worth what some one will pay for it.
Mine is in the engineering bay having new bars, foot peg hangers and pegs etc to cope with my dodgy ankles...
a result of a knife fight with a Glaswegian dwarf...resulting in pins in both.
Anyway I am about 10 days away from getting everything to fit and the way I want it other than the exhaust......
2 emails to Germany and 4 to the factory...but still no answer.....ho hum!

Regards
Gavin

Cagiva Elefant 888/955 & adventure sidecar
Cagiva Elefant 999r engined
Cagiva BIMOTA Motard Concept
BIMOTA DB9 (with DB11 rear-end)
BIMOTA DB7-11 VLX MULE (build coming to an end)
BIMOTA DB11 VLX Supercharger
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.......I received a phone call from the BIMOTA factory and apparently there is hope on the DB9 exhaust front ...so fingers crossed...I am trying to wangle a factory fit and ECU upgrade then ride home from Rimini.

And...there was no Glaswegian dwarf...the ankles were shattered after 6 crashes in one day....ice...only good for putting in drinks... not for riding on.

regards
Gavin

2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great journey to be had........whats even more surprising though is "a phone call from the factory".......you are honoured........We were trying to get a response from Bimota for brochures, flags whatever to promote the brand at the Mcr bike show...perhaps even a T-shirt........tried emailing, and facebooking...even contacting the owner directly..........all to no avail.....So I'd jump on your bike now and go before the management changes or the parts dissappear........ Cool Shocked
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello......2Bims,

As per all things, it wasn't quite as easy as the Bimota factory just calling me!
I sent 4 emails 1 in English, then 1 in both English and Italian, then the final 2 in just Italian. The company I work for deal with Italian companies on a regular basis and any like any annoying inquiry Italian companies tend to ignore anything in a foreign tongue. So it was easier to follow up the email inquiries with a Italian speaking contact we know.
BINGO........30 minutes latter a lovely Italian after-sales Bimota employee (MariaElena) was calling our office asking for Gaveen!

I can't jump on the bike and head South just yet, as the manufacture time from Arrow is 6-8 weeks...but we intend to head to Italy in May, with the bike on a collapsible trailer...see some contacts in Varese and Florence then over to Rimini and ride the DB9 back, whilst the old exhaust is in the back of my partners vehicle, with the dismantled trailer.

By partner, I mean my business partner (Shaun) not some bloke I share a caravan and poodle with. Not that I have anything against poodles
...but caravans...I still can't get over the noise of my old gran, peeing in a bucket......so no caravans for me!

Plus.... I need 8 weeks to save up the monies!

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes....the art of enticing Italians to deal with you.........you found the right way though.....finding an italian to phone them and speak in their mother tongue...and then its like you;ve been friends for life.......Of all the 17 Bimotas we took down to the Manchester Show...a mere 3 of them were bought in the UK.....3 from the Netherlands....4 from Switzerland....and 7 from Italy...and those from Italy all had to have people phone and talk...of course in Italian...and after that its never been a problem..........Hope you and your partner have a swell trip...... Laughing
djt77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on the exhaust. Say hi to the factory guys and try and get a tour, the factory is great little place, we got treated really well when visited last july.
tassie v2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria speaks English just fine !! So does Andrea.
Gavin944888

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree , she does speak perfect English, however my initial enquiry was not answered until our contact in Italy phoned directly and explained my interest in the Performance exhaust in the native tongue

Anyway...all is good we have placed the order, BIMOTA will fit the exhaust and adjust the ECU accordingly...and I will ride back after the exhaust is fitted...antipated delivery of exhaust mid May.

The new footpeg controls and positioning have all been machined from billet (to mimic the origonal design) the new rear light number plate assembly has been milled from ali ( to NOT mimic the origonal design) and it is just the re wiring to be completed along with the oversize bars and longer brake hoses throttle cables etc etc.

I would imagine like many on this forum I am simply making a few little changes to suit personal preferences...riding styles...after all the DB9 is not your purest of BIMOTA styles ......if you get my drift

2bims

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're fine on here for "changes" to Bimotas..........be it to ride easier or better which go hand in hand....just so long as you ride.......I seem to opt for the suffering though...whereby I wait for my muscle memory to adapt to the bike and then normally alls fine......albeit the more recent models I find are a better design for comfort.less stretch, height and less cramped...adjustable pedals and rests help a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: