Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

17 Bike Bimota Fest at the Manchester Bike Show - March 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNC wrote:

Excellent display guys!!! I wish I could see those beautiful bikes from close...

Cheers Jure........perhaps next year you can hop over and help on the stand...can always offer accommodation...and my house and the event are only 10 miles from Manchester airport....But you may get carried away and consider your own collection is not complete.....so its an offer tinged with danger........ Wink

The lighting is good down there and can make shiney things seem even brighter......as all of the bikes down there are ran on the road and insured etc......theres no museum pieces down there...although most folk couldnt believe it........
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great show! Cudous to all of you who participated, you make me wish I lived over there!
1965 Triumph T100SC
brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I'd say of all the folk I talked to...8/10 thought we were a dealers stand and couldnt believe some of the bikes were 10, 20 or 30 years old.....so timeless the pieces are ......

Yeah some people who see my sb6 can't beilieve it's old enough to vote either. So many of the 90's bimotas had styling many years ahead of anything else from the era. They still look like they are current models.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank.61 wrote:
Hi 2Bims,

Knew his other bikes, just hadn't seen his latest restoration finished!
Beautifull ........ liked the girl even more (the one with your eyes Wink ).
Beginning to understand why Nige was there Very Happy

Frank Embarassed

Its probably fair to say that we all enjoyed ourselves down there...but again the sad task of rounding up the ladies to sit on the bikes fell down to me...hey Ho.....The KB1 is nice indeed...and other than the DB1 is probably one of my favourites of the Old Bims.....Nige just finished it in time....just one week prior to the show it was ready and had its first shakedown ride...so it was good to have it there for variety
CNC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Cheers Jure........perhaps next year you can hop over and help on the stand...can always offer accommodation...and my house and the event are only 10 miles from Manchester airport....But you may get carried away and consider your own collection is not complete.....so its an offer tinged with danger........ Wink

Steve that is most generous and tempering offer... If you'll need pair of hands... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures and general theme of the Manchester Bike show....and about half way down this posting link...a few or the Bimotas...and the sites owner considering also that it was the best stand there...Although he cant seem to be able to spell Bimota.... Laughing

http://www.thepetrolstop.com/2014/03/provincial-insurance-manchester-bike.html
husson73

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
and the sites owner considering also that it was the best stand there...Although he cant seem to be able to spell Bimota.... Laughing

nothing compare to the following sentence coming for the same link
"The Honda GT750 Stand was great with some outstanding bikes"
the famous Honda kettle club was there Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'll let him off his Bimota error seeing as he's clearly missing a lot of understanding as regards mere Kettles........... Cool

No more Bims here...but lots more pictures of lovely ladies that were down there......... Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterBikeShow#!/ManchesterBikeShow/photos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: