Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Torque setting Paioli

View previous topic :: View next topic  
851jim

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Torque setting Paioli Reply with quote

Hi guys, went to torque up the end cap / bolt on the V due front axle which has the single cap bolt quick release cups and the manual states 100nm.
Surely way too high, can anyone else advise?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem high...especially for a front wheel....but if the book says so?

The later bikes, DB5, DB6 etc have a sticker on the rear swingarm saying to torque the spicdles to 100Nm......which I sort of do...in that my Torque wrench only goes up to 80Nm.....so I set at that...and then get the long arm pry bar out and add an extra tweak........... Laughing
851jim

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I've got too use to Ducati's @ 220nm which is why I did not question it but the front end Duc is about the same but the fittings are much more industrial than the Paioli.
Enjoy the TT
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the early SB6 set up, don't have any means of checking my manuals at the moment but would say that light alloy cap will never take that sort of setting.
Maybe one of the SB6 boys will be along soon and tell you what their manual says.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Paioli torque setting Reply with quote

I think Bimota were wildly optimistic as to what aluminium threads would tolerate. I've torn threads in the past where I've followed their torque recommendation against my better judgement. I use 60NM on the axle through my Paiolis and have never had a problem. Of course the clamp holds the bolt on the axle tight and prevents it from unscrewing anyway.
851jim

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate, I'll try closer to 60 that's the same as the 916 front axle and its into battleship grade aluminium.
mad mundy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that seems very high to me, look at what the materials are. One is stainless & the other is an alloy. The bolt is a 10 mm thread. Here is a tip, the reason why all spinners are not the same length of handle thickness is for a good reason. Do the bolt up till you "feel it" in your fingers. There are some very good technicians that don't require tension wrenches.
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the manual states 100NM, and if all is done correctly there is no problem, but if you dont aply grease then you'll have a problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: