Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another "new" Evoluzione

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zweitakter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Another "new" Evoluzione Reply with quote

Hi all, I am new here but have been following for a while here from Norway.
I am currently seriously looking into getting an Evo that supposedly is new/unused except from having been started occationally. I do notice the two ignition keys are hanging toghether still... a good sign?

According to Piero this baby passed through his shop in 2007 (S/N 349, and with a matcing engine nr acc to records), and it seems it has been sitting in Italy on italian plates since. However the full story is not known to me yet.

This bike should have had "all the latest mods" done to it, except from some sort of work done to the "shafts" (cranks)? Piero refers to a guy called Naldo and some mods he did from 2011 and onwards??

I have understood there was some Development done to bearings, lubing and seals etc as these was built as Evos and carbed.

But I am not quite grasping all the excact details here....

Is there anything you guys can say about this specimen from the photo? I'd love to hear of any comments and tech info etc.

Regards
Kjell

PS, I hope the pic uploads nicely. If not I will re-post it later.
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the picture the bike seems new.

If I were you I would send it to Piero before taking it to Norway, in this way you could be sure that the bike arrives to you 100% ok.
Also Piero would for sure update the software and recheck the carburetion to see if it also updated.
If the bike was updated in 2007 than you can be sure that the bike is already reliable, but with the latest updates is even more and also more powerful.

Hope that you make a good deal with it!

www.facebook.com/motopasione
Zweitakter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

Welll, as I mentioned it was rebuilt to carbs in 2007 by Piero. He thinks it should be ready to go after some basic checks and cleaning the carbs etc. It should have the re-inforced crank bearings, latest electrics/ignition etc. But I am unsure about the lower fairing and whether it is prone to crack type.

And I do not understand this part of the message from Piero quote " Not with shafts machined (as did Naldi for the TROFEO)"

(With stock exhaust Piero rates it @112, and with jollys@122.)

Anyone?
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lower fairing if it’s carbon it’s ok, if not…

We was referring to the cranks, the Naldi developed cranks were machined like one piece and weren’t balanced, provoking much vibration in higher revs.

After 2007 there were some other adjustments made to carburetion and also to the software, even 2 weeks ago a new version was being tested that’s why I recommended you to take to Piero before taking it home.

vort28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(With stock exhaust Piero rates it @112, and with jollys@122.)

Piero talking about Exhaust pipes and map. As it stands with standard pipes its 112bhp, with the lighter race Jolly Moto pipes and modified jets/map it will be 122bhp+ , for me the 1500 euros for the pipes from Piero would be a worth while trip as he would give it the once over as well.

They also look nicer, and give a good spread of power.

Zweitakter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I agree, the jollys look stunning!
by the way, do they fit as shown in the picture without any further hardware than what is supplied from jolly.it (currently 1950 euros) Or does Piero add some bits to make them integrate nicely with license plate etc?
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zweitakter wrote:
Thanks.
I agree, the jollys look stunning!
by the way, do they fit as shown in the picture without any further hardware than what is supplied from jolly.it (currently 1950 euros) Or does Piero add some bits to make them integrate nicely with license plate etc?

If you buy it directly from Jollymoto you will pay more and don´t have the necessary software upgrade neither the carburetion kit, but it´s your choice if you want a well tuned and running bike, or a failing problematic bike…
I also work with Jollymoto in my country so I’m not writing this just for writing.
And I think that the supports aren’t the same as supplied by Piero for the exhaust and also the license plate support is different.

Zweitakter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see.
By software update, I assume you mean flashing the ecu that controls the ignition?

Can these ignition ECUs be sent separately to Piero for these updates, instead of having to ship the whole bike then?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mounts are different for the Jolly Moto...and the number plate hanger also...accommodated to take the twin cans coming through......the standard system as on the bike you are looking at also have twin silencer cans fitted under the seat as well as the shotgun side by side cans on the side.....I'm unfamiliar with Norways rules regarding Noise for testing and registering? The jolly moto pipes are certainly louder...so could create an issue if this is a problem in Norway?
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zweitakter wrote:
Ok I see.
By software update, I assume you mean flashing the ecu that controls the ignition?

Can these ignition ECUs be sent separately to Piero for these updates, instead of having to ship the whole bike then?

I’m saying to take it to Piero because you have wrote that the bike is in Italy, being so Piero could check everything and update it, in everything that might be necessary.
Of course that the ECU can be updated separately, in that version you have to send to Piero only the dashboard.
But you have to remember that the carburetion must be also updated and checked even if you don’t upgrade the exhaust.

vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd second Vdue-pt on that. As the bike is already in Italy it would seem foolish to ship to you and then ship bits back to Piero, and his price's are not that bad .
As 2bim's mentions there are the RULE's in Norway that might influence things as in deed will whether it is going to be used on the road or track.
Is the bike currently registered in Italy as this again may help or hinder things. If you haven't already , it may be worth checking up on this. It took me about 3 month's to register my first vdue in the UK and the rules have been changed now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: