Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota BEW Weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
hmmmmmmmm - I wonder where the rear shock is on that Tesi?

Zoom in on the shot from the left rear of the bike...theres a silver and black shock hiding between the rear header pipe and the twin can exhaust exits.....where its mounted at the bottom I cant see though
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Evilchicken0 wrote:
Also in the collection was the Moto 2 GP bike and the Gobert SB8 Racer. On the Sunday I found myself in the collection with nobody around so I had a checky sit on both of these. I thought the Moto 2 was actually quite comfortable. The SB8 felt big everywhere.

These would have been "pieros" bikes then of Vdue fame...as he has Goberts winning Sb8...and the HB4 also...

The French guys knew him so it could have been him.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes an oldish fellow.in his 70's.....dresses like a tramp but evidently minted.and with perhaps the WOrlds largest collection of Bimotas....be it private or otherwise........I know he was going as he provided the "yesteryear" exhibits of Bimota from the 70's, 80's and 90's...as I think Bimota themselves are a little "short" on that front..........

He;s here...half way down this post on page 2...stood next to Geekays mantra.......

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=898&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some very nice bikes in the collection

2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the tricolore bike next to the YB9SR the "elusive" GB1? The concept bike they made with a Gilera Nordwest engine? Or is it just a nicely painted BB1? Chain and sprockets on the RHS....
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think its a BB1 as only ever 3 GB1's allegedly , one at Gilera , one destroyed and seen one in Milan next to tesi vdue at Piero's but also wrong frame construction, GB1 or like the HB4 set up with steel tube front and big alloy plate for swing arm and engine mount.

Very nice pictures though EC , bet you were struggling to decide which one to put on Santa'a list.
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And heres Bimotas own Facebook section...2 posts there for the BEW with over 1,000 piccies uploaded onto it..........and they're putting up a "Virtual" Evo Class Ranking if Bimota were earning points...showing Badovini in 2nd place...not bad going for such an early start...and considering they missed the first 2 races...

https://www.facebook.com/fanpagebimota
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put some pics up tonight ... I'll tell you about the BB3 soon Smile
bikesjohn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cell mate,
Got a stinker of a cold as soon as I got back to uk so have not felt like putting up a message.
Had the pleasure of meeting up with my old buddy E Chicken at BEW. Nice surprise. I could not be bothered waiting around for a track session - usual bimota efficiency - so I opted just to do the road rides. Loved the bikes but at what cost. I thought the DB9 was a cracking bike but I still prefer the Ducati Streetfighter 1098 and at half the cost. BB3 was stunning, no doubt about it but somehow did not have the charisma of the earlier Bimota superbikes.
The staff from both the factory and the promotional company involved were very helpful and friendly and I hope it was a success for them as it would be nice to have the event repeated next year. However I was not impressed by the way so many track day riders on non-bimotas were allowed into the event - they virtually dominated the track sessions. Also very poor representation of factory - the only items on sale from bimota where white t shirts at euro20.
The race team where selling paddock shirts etc. but were all badged Alstare. Because of the WSB races there was poor representation from the race team. The most interesting bits were customer bimotas and finding the occasional owner to chat to.
I was holidaying in Milan over that week and simply took a train to Voghera and a 20 euro cab to the circuit.
Some great piccies you took E Chicken. I won't bother showing you mine.
Look forward to seeing you at the ace Italian night soon.
Cheers -ciao John
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John
Good to see you there too and thanks for feeding me with ice cream Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: