Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another Grand Day out
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Another Grand Day out Reply with quote

Seems to be another cracking UK summer...or at least a fair few dry days falling at weekends...so a quick jaunt up to Rivington Barn on DB2........

Twas such a nice day when I got home that Mr Vdue winked at me from inside the garage and being that it was easily accessible it would have been rude to say no.......

The usual questions from most folk....5% asking what it was and is it a 2-stroke....and thats after they heard and saw it arrive.......and the other 95% knowing it was the ill fated Bimota Vdue...but still asking whose engine was in it...Aprilia, Suzuki, or Yamaha......always a talking point.....

Quite a few other once accessible classic 2-strokes there...although less so nowadays but nice to see them anyhow..........KH750, 400 and 500 all down there.........

And also a Lovely Moto Morini Dart 350...only one I've ever seen on the road...........Some MV Agusta thingie in the way though...apologies... Laughing

Oh...try round the other side......ah yes...thats better....

There was a load of other bikes there also.....3 RD350LC's and YPVS's....RD400....and apparently some modern day sports bikes...but I've gotten very particular what I bother to look at or point my camera at nowadays.......... Laughing Cool
morebhp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics - I miss that sort of thing here in Spain - I think the big old jap bikes were banned under Franco. So old bike meets, while still enjoyable, tend to be all Bultacos, Ossas and the odd Sanglass. Nothing over 400cc Sad
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I miss that sort of thing here in Spain - I think the big old jap bikes were banned under Franco

Mad
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics Steve. Looks like a popular spot hey. Always seems to be a good roll up of bikes there.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another "Grand Day out" up to Rivington Barn to see the usual much and varied collection of bikes that turns up...always a very mixed bag of folk and bikes, young, old, featherweight, heavyweight, smokey and oiley or just plain noisey....applying to both riders and bikes on all counts....

Rotating my bikes this year...so have been fettling Db2 and DB4 and munching a few miles to test bed them out and see what falls off/apart...

PaulDB2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fine turnout and nice to see such a varied display of bikes. Not been to the Barn for years, good to see it is still flourishing. Planning on going to the Stafford Show on the 23rd then look to getting the 900SS on the road and the Barn likely to be an early outing.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the db4 out and about 2bims. Great roll up and range of bikes there as usual. Good to see a few 2 smokers around still. Loving the XT250 Wink
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Laverda - these and the Guzzi are the current rage in US. Going for big bucks they are... Thanks for the pics. Been raining here for past few days...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Nice to see the db4 out and about 2bims. Great roll up and range of bikes there as usual. Good to see a few 2 smokers around still. Loving the XT250 Wink

Cheers Brian...I uhmed and arrghed for about an hour on which bike to take out (spoilt, yeh..I know)...and am glad i took the DB4 in the end...really quite comfortable, low seat...I forgot that both my feet can go flat on the ground with it, unlike DB2 and Vdue which were also vying for a chance to go out and play.....and the DB4 is nice in that it doesnt demand much from you, light, flickable, brakes up to scratch, and compliant comfortable suspension also...quite happy to tootle around or crack on...although the 3/4 turn throttle still gets me...most of my other bikes are only half turn....I'd love to change it but the throttle housing is in with the kill switch/lights control switch....

The XT250 was one of my favs up there also...possibly very undemanding, under powered, under braked etc...but maybe a nice liitle ride
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sunday past...and twas another Grand Day out....sunnyish and dry...although 9.5 degrees is hardly "summer" yet....but we make the most of dry weather that we can...

Back to Rivvy Barn once again:-

The odd "classic" car is starting to make its way up there...hope it doesnt become a big thing...lines and lines of bikes and large Yank tanks moving around just dont sit too well with me...aka the domino effect

Old Skool RS2000....although the OCD in me couldnt live with the mismatched body lines...

And now onto bikes...

And one for Brian...nice low seat height...always thinking of you BRi.... Laughing

Thats all Folks....well...untill the next Sunny Day that is.....
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh 2bims , you said you were taking the manick stroker out ??? what happened you went for the lazy DB6 instead ?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt lethargic and tired.....both me and the stroker....hence DB6(R).....
bimotanige

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice in Sherburn as well
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Nige....and hopefully you've topped up the engine oil with the odd gallon or so since I last saw you out on the KB1..... Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..Yet another Grand day out..popped up to Rivington Barn, but being TT week..it was pretty quiet there, so continued on down To J&S accessories and onto Chester......and came across these two old British Relics that had been dragged out for the day.....

Hhmmm...one of those looks familiar....Oh yeh......here it is...resplendant with its new set of BST Carbon fibre wheels.....

The slightly less hairy of the 2 old men then took an interest in my Bimota, having ridden there on his "nutter" Db10.......So....in my quest to further my knowledge of Bimotas (10 owned, 14 ridden....)...it was suggested that after a quick fuel stop, that we swap bikes for a few miles.......

Shocked Shocked

Cheers glen....takes my tally to 15 Bimotas ridden.......What a nutter....the bike or the owner? Think they have to go hand in hand with this bike....but bit of a chicken and egg scenario...which came first......Reminded me of doing my first parachute jump, or bungee jumping off Victoria Falls Bridge in Zimbabwe...advice was the same....dont look down....just look straight ahead....as there is nothing to see in looking down...there really isnt....bike seems to dissappear beneath you....even the bars are trying to escape in going beyond you....looking straight ahead and ignoring the nothing was the only solution.....Turning in at the first roundabout with the new carbon wheels confirm what everyone else says....you overturn and it flicks...so you instantly have to adjust that the lightest pressure is needed for turning....copes with commuter traffic well...and imperious on white lines, cats eyes and undulations.......was quite surprised that it can...allegedly.. be ridden at speeds up to 95mph without you being blown off the back....the front mudguard, spoiler/headlight unit seems to quite literally "fair" better than on a DB6...and far better than I would have believed.........Cheers Glen.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: