Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Wet Slipper clutch on DB5R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Wet Slipper clutch on DB5R Reply with quote

Anyone know off hand who made the slipper clutch on the DB5R with the wet clutch? I'm going to need to swap the clutches when I install the engine in my bike, and the manual only covers the standard one.
Thanks for any help, I am now off to do a search to see if I can figure it out for myself!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not have the spare parts manual for the DB5 Spike? This has a separate page in it for the DB5R showing the differences in make up with the Slipper clutch compared to standard dry clutch....and theres a fair few different parts....Clutch splined hub being one of them........Can forward a copy if you wish..........Its an Italian company called "STM" that make the slipper clutches for Bimota, putting Bimota words on the clutch pressure plate..........I think the basket is the same but theres a few other extra parts in there also...........

I've sent you the exploded parts manual Spike that shows the differences.......
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the piccies again of your bike Spike.......I'd forgotten you have the wet clutch on there........so this should be exact same set-up as Ducati multistrada 1000cc....1000DS/Monster twin spark edition..for which there should be lots of free downloads on the tinternet as to the set up of these......

I've also checked my Db6, Db4, DB2 and DB1 workshop manuals...and my Ducati 900ss workshop manual....and unfortunately they are all dry clutch versions......soz...........
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 12bims, for some reason my email isn't sending out right now, the superior technology of the Mac book chooses when to do what independent of my wishes.
I do have all of the mauls that you so graciously sent to me, butt as they are not Multistrada specific there are some holes in the info stream. I am optimistic that I shall be riding again in the next week, so brags of ecstatic curve carving should be forthcoming!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: